Accounts Payable Specialist
Sutro has a unique capability that enables new molecular entities to be designed using a hybrid of synthetic and recombinant technologies to create best in class therapeutics in the oncology and auto-immune disease space. Our portfolio includes antibody-drug conjugates, bispecific antibodies, cytokine derivatives and other novel immuno-stimulatory approaches.
Sutro Biopharma, Inc. is looking for energetic and talented individuals to join its multidisciplinary research and development team. The Accounts Payable Specialist role is a hands-on position supporting all aspects of our accounts payable process, including ensuring our suppliers are paid accurately and timely and that our financial records are complete and accurate. This role reports to the Manager, Finance. The ideal candidate will thrive in a team-based, collaborative environment and is excited about the opportunity to grow and develop as part of a high-performing finance team.
- Process supplier invoices, including accurate GL account coding, within our AP subledger and ERP
- Verify invoices are accurate and supported by underlying documentation (2-way match for services, 3-way match for goods)
- Establish effective relationships with suppliers through communications on missing invoices, credits/rebills, incorrect invoices etc.
- Prepare electronic, check and wire payment runs
- Prepare supplier credit applications, tax-exempt certificates, and other applicable documentation
- Manage AP email account by saving supplier invoices and researching/responding to supplier inquiries
- Support month end financial close process by ensuring timely entry of invoices and follow up with invoice owners so that approvals and procurement holds are resolved prior to deadlines
- Assist the quarterly and year-end audit process, including providing materials to support audit requests
- Maintain accurate W9 vendor information and assist in preparing annual 1099 filing process
- Follow AP policies and procedures; identify opportunities to drive increased process efficiencies
- Review employee expense reports to confirm compliance with company policy
- Provide procurement support by verifying spend commitments are documented on a purchase order and support internal stakeholders by communicating potential PO issues
- Special projects and other tasks as assigned
- 5+ years of accounts payable experience required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Biotech / pharma experience preferred
- Experience working with an ERP system (Netsuite, SAP, Oracle…), Microsoft D365 preferred
- Proficient with MS Office applications, including Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and self-motivated
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Dependable, flexible, and consistently reliable team player
Sutro provides a competitive benefits package that includes a choice of health, dental, and vision insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, 401K plan, PTO, ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Plan) and stock options.
Sutro Biopharma is committed to the diversity of our team and we are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.
Salaries listed on jobsites may not be representative of salary ranges at Sutro Biopharma.
Please be advised, inquiries or resumes from recruiters will not be accepted.