Assistant Controller/Director of Accounting
Sutro has a unique capability that enables new molecular entities to be designed using a hybrid of synthetic and recombinant technologies to create best in class therapeutics in the oncology and auto-immune disease space. Our portfolio includes antibody-drug conjugates, bispecific antibodies, cytokine derivatives and other novel immuno-stimulatory approaches.
Sutro Biopharma, Inc. is looking for an energetic and talented Assistant Controller/Director of Accounting to manage a team of professionals in a fast-paced, high-growth environment. This is a leadership position in the financial organization and the individual will own and drive day-to-day general accounting transactions, including stock administration, ensuring US GAAP and SOX 404b compliance and best practices. The Assistant Controller/Director of Accounting will problem solve moderate to complex accounting transactions as the business evolves, documenting and implementing process flows that are scalable and automatable.
- Lead and mentor team of accounting professionals with overall responsibilities in all areas of the general ledger.
- Manage the monthly and quarterly financial close activities with the objective to shorten the close process.
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting including flux analyses and supporting schedules for the 10Q/10K and to support internal operational decision-making.
- Drive a continuous improvement approach to improve accounting operations efficiencies, effectiveness, and scalability.
- Participate in cross-functional team meetings to prioritize initiatives and ensure that automated solutions with Microsoft D365 (ERP system) are implemented timely and effectively.
- BS/BA in Accounting or Finance; CPA.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in the field, including public accounting and public biotech companies.
- Sarbanes-Oxley compliance experience desirable.
- Accounting system experience.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, troubleshoot, think critically, and interpret data.
- Highly self-motivated and capable of working successfully within a team environment.
- Proven leadership and management skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Sutro provides a competitive benefits package that includes a choice of health, dental, and vision insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, 401K plan, PTO, ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Plan) and stock options.
Sutro Biopharma is committed to the diversity of our team and we are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.
Salaries listed on jobsites may not be representative of salary ranges at Sutro Biopharma.
Please be advised, inquiries or resumes from recruiters will not be accepted.