Sutro Biopharma is looking for a talented and energetic team player to help drive preclinical advancement of our drug portfolios within the Translational Pharmacology and Preclinical Development (TP/PD) group.
This Cell Biology position requires a SRA/Scientist with at least 3 years industry experience in the in vitro assessment and development of cancer immunotherapies. The scientist will be responsible for validating therapeutics that have been engineered to engage a variety of immune effector pathways. Specifically, to develop in vitro cell assay models the goal of advancing leads to the clinic. The individual will be expected to:
- Design and execute cell assays to assess potency and specificity of novel drug candidates influencing immune responses to tumor cells.
- Design of cytokine and/or mRNA assessment panels and perform analysis of same
- Design of flow cytometry (FACS) panels and perform FACS analysis on human and murine cells, tumors, and tissues
- Assist in the training and supervision of other RA and SRA scientists
- Communicate key scientific data to project teams with clear interpretation of data and proposal of next steps to all levels of the organization
- Maintain expertise through current review of relevant literature
- Nominate and evaluate novel targets to add to the Sutro portfolio
- M.S. degree or higher (Ph.D. preferred) with a minimum of 3 years industry experience evaluating oncology or immuno-oncology drug products in preclinical efficacy models
- Strong background in one or more areas of tumor biology, immunology, oncology, including immuno-oncology
- Experience with the independent design, analysis, and reporting of primary cell and cell-line based assay studies
- Demonstrated ability to independently plan and execute complex muti-cellular assay studies in vitro and/or ex vivo: immune cell isolation from peripheral blood samples, cell culture, dose titration and mechanism of action assessments
- Strong familiarity with macrophage and lymphocyte cell biology and activation/suppression pathways and assessment of same
- Must be highly motivated and work successfully in cross-functional teams by contributing data and ideas
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, troubleshoot, think critically and interpret data
- Clear and professional verbal and written communication skills, including maintaining detailed and accurate protocols and lab notebooks
Sutro provides a competitive benefits package that includes a choice of health, dental, and vision insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, 401K plan, PTO, and stock participation.