Sutro Biopharma is looking for a talented and energetic team player to help drive preclinical/clinical advancement of our drug portfolios within the Translational Pharmacology and Preclinical Development (TP/PD) group.
This pharmacology position requires a SRA/Scientist with at least 3 years industry experience in the preclinical development of cancer immunotherapies. The scientist will be responsible for validating therapeutics that have been engineered to engage a variety of immune effector pathways. Specifically, to develop novel animal models and conduct complex in vivo and ex vivo murine tumor studies with the goal of advancing leads to the clinic. The individual will be expected to:
- Independently design, analyze, and report non-clinical animal pharmacology, pharmacokinetic (PK) and pharmacodynamic (PD) studies
- Design flow cytometry (FACS) panels and perform FACS analysis on human and murine cells, tumors, and tissues
- Develop novel murine models to investigate combinatorial immuno-therapeutic strategies
- Assist in the training and supervision of other RA and SRA scientists
- Communicate key scientific data to project teams with clear interpretation of data and proposal of next steps to all levels of the organization
- Maintain expertise through current review of relevant literature
- Nominate and evaluate novel targets to add to the Sutro portfolio
- M.S. degree or higher (Ph.D. preferred) with a minimum of 3 years industry experience evaluating oncology or immuno-oncology drug products in preclinical efficacy models
- Strong background in one or more areas of tumor biology, immunology, oncology, including immuno-oncology
- Experience in the independent planning and execution of complex anti-tumor efficacy, PK, and PD studies in mice including: cell culture, dosing (IV, SC, IP), tumor measurement, as well as the dissection of organs for subsequent ex vivo analysis
- Must be highly motivated and work successfully in cross-functional teams by contributing data and ideas
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, troubleshoot, think critically and interpret data
- Clear and professional verbal and written communication skills, including maintaining detailed and accurate protocols and lab notebooks
Sutro provides a competitive benefits package that includes a choice of health, dental, and vision insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, 401K plan, PTO, and stock participation.