Associate Scientist, Protein Recovery/Purification
Sutro is seeking a person with experience in protein purification to support our research and development groups. The successful candidate will be involved in designing and running protein separations – ranging in scale from milligrams to several grams of product. Versatility is expected, as tasks will involve multiple different protein types, scales and purities. This position offers the opportunity to work with material produced in our cell-free protein expression system, as well as bacterial expressions.
- BS or MS in Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering or a related discipline, and at least 4-5 years of experience in purifying proteins to clinical quality at low mg to gram scale from bacterial or mammalian expression systems.
- Solid, proven hands on experience in column chromatography, protein purification method development and optimization including a deep understanding of chromatography methods such as IEX, HIC, RP, Affinity, SEC.
- Hands on experience with purification FPLC instrumentation such as Akta Explorer/Avant
- Deep and broad knowledge of protein analytical assays including chromatographic and biophysical characterization methods such as HPLC (SEC, IEX, RP), capillary electrophoresis, SDS-Page, LAL Assay, in addition to hands on experience with HPLC instrumentation such as Agilent/Dionex.
- Development and operation of TFF equipment including varying membrane devices and cartridges.
- Experience with mAbs and antibody related products is preferred.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and multitask while maintaining efficiency in time management
- Ability to work as a member of a team to perform a variety of weekly responsibilities to support ongoing program efforts. This includes downstream recovery support for all groups, including weekly presentations for related project team meetings.
Sutro provides a competitive benefits package that includes a choice of health, dental, and vision insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, 401K plan, PTO, ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Plan) and stock options.
Sutro Biopharma is committed to the diversity of our team and we are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.
Salaries listed on jobsites may not be representative of salary ranges at Sutro Biopharma.
Please be advised, inquiries or resumes from recruiters will not be accepted.