Associate Scientist (South San Francisco, CA)
Sutro Biopharma, Inc. is seeking a driven and talented individual to join our Chemistry team as we change the future of oncology. While collaborating with cross-functional departments, you will play a key role in maximizing our technology and progressing our novel therapeutics. We are dedicated to making a difference in the lives of patients, both as individuals and as part of a team.
- Assist in determining the purity, potency, stability and identity of our research compounds, development candidates and clinical material.
- Be part of a multifunctional team interacting with our Medicinal Chemistry, CMC and Computational Groups.
- This position is laboratory based and will involve method development as well as lab management.
- B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in Analytical Chemistry or Natural Products Chemistry with 3-5 years of experience.
- Hands-on proficiency and problem-solving skills in the purification and identification of small molecules. Experience isolating small molecule impurities is a plus.
- Proficiency in developing analytical and preparative HPLC and LC-MS methods to assay Sutro’s small molecules for purity, potency, stability and identity.
- Knowledge and experience with small molecule HPLC, LC-MS and NMR method development.
- Familiarity with Agilent’s Chemstation, Waters’ Chromscope, ACD’s Spectrus processor, Bruker’s Topspin and Chemoffice’s software suites is desired.
- Experience with the day-to-day operation, maintenance and troubleshooting of HPLC, LC-MS and NMR instrumentation is necessary.
- Can setup established HPLC and LC-MS methods from outside venders/CRO’s and transfer methods to CRO.
- Strong communication and presentation skills plus the ability to multitask.
Sound exciting? Apply today and join our team!
Sutro provides a competitive benefits package that includes a choice of health, dental, and vision insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, 401K plan, PTO, ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Plan) and stock options.
As an equal opportunity employer, we believe in fostering a culture that is inclusive and values diversity in background and opinions. Sutro Biopharma hires extraordinary individuals into every position in the company and is committed to the diversity of our team. Our company progresses without regard of race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, religious belief, age, disability or citizenship status. We are dedicated to creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and succeed together.
Salaries listed on jobsites may not be representative of salary ranges at Sutro Biopharma.
Please be advised, inquiries or resumes from recruiters will not be accepted.
Sutro Biopharma, Inc., located in South San Francisco, is a clinical-stage drug discovery, development and manufacturing company. Using precise protein engineering and rational design, Sutro is advancing next-generation oncology therapeutics.
Sutro is dedicated to transforming the lives of cancer patients by creating medicines with improved therapeutic profiles for areas of unmet need. To date, Sutro’s platform has led to cytokine-based immuno-oncology therapies, ADCs, vaccines and bispecific antibodies directed at precedented targets in clinical indications where the current standard of care is suboptimal.
The platform allows it to accelerate discovery and development of potential first-in-class and best-in-class molecules through rapid and systematic evaluation of protein structure-activity relationships to create optimized homogeneous product candidates.
In addition to developing its own oncology pipeline, Sutro is collaborating with select pharmaceutical and biotech companies to discover and develop novel, next-generation therapeutics. As the pace of clinical development accelerates, Sutro and its partners are developing therapeutics designed to more efficiently kill tumors without harming healthy cells.