Clinical Trial Manager (South San Francisco, CA)
Sutro Biopharma, Inc. is seeking a driven and talented individual to join our Clinical Operations team as we change the future of oncology. While collaborating with cross-functional departments, you will play a key role in maximizing our technology and progressing our novel therapeutics. We are dedicated to making a difference in the lives of patients, both as individuals and as part of a team.
The Clinical Trial Manager (CTM) is responsible for providing operational expertise and support for the Clinical Operations team with the day-to-day activities of executing for one or more clinical trials during the trial start-up, conduct, and close-out periods, in accordance with the appropriate clinical trial standards including ICH/GCP and applicable regulations. This position is located at Sutro’s headquarters in South San Francisco, California.
- Supports the development of operational strategies including country and site feasibility and selection, CRO and vendor identification and selection
- Contributes to the development and management of the trial timelines, budget, risk and quality plans
- Supports development and maintenance of vendor contracts and budgets in collaboration with the Clinical Trial Leader, legal and finance
- Provides day-to-day management of study vendors to ensure delivery against contracted scope of work
- Manages and tracks study specific payments and flags any variances
- Reviews site visit reports, under the direction of the Clinical Trial Leadership
- Initiates, reviews, and reconciles study files in the Trial Master File internal and with CROs
- Maintains accurate tracking and reporting of study metrics to support the conduct of the clinical trial(s) from start-up to close-out.
- Collaborates closely with supply chain to forecast, manage and track drug supplies
- Coordinates investigational product release activities across clinical sites
- Ensures sites have all the appropriate non-clinical supplies (e.g. lab kits) through close collaboration with the relevant vendors and management of the supplies
- Provides operational input in the development and review study documents (e.g., protocol, informed consent form, eCRF, site instructions, diaries, lab manual, Pharmacy Binder, Study Management Plan, etc.) and clinical site documents (e.g., site specific informed consent forms)
- Partners with Data Management and Clinical Science to oversee eCRF completion and data quality issues
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with all relevant stakeholders across and up and down the organization and with CROs, external vendors and partners
- Coordinates communication of tracking information within the study team and to the clinical sites
- Attends departmental and study specific meetings
- Takes minutes during meetings
- Assists in editing slide presentations, graphs, etc.
- Contributes to the development and review of Standard Operating Procedures
- Assists with study-specific training of CRO staff
- Assists in the preparation of Investigator and Study Coordinator Meetings
- University/college degree in health care or other scientifically related discipline is required. Bachelor’s degree is preferred
- 5 plus years of experience with 3 or more years of experience in= clinical operations, study coordinator, data management, site monitoring and/or nursing experience preferred, however, other relevant experiences and skills may be considered by the hiring manager when considering the candidate’s eligibility
- Understanding of ICH/GCP and knowledge of regulatory requirements (eg. ICH/CFR guidelines)
- Experience of working as part of a large team, clear written and verbal communication skills and ability to partner with various stakeholders are critical for success in this role
- Proven ability to proactively identify and resolve/refer project-related operational issues; ability to work independently on routine assignments, or under supervision on new assignments.
- Ability to handle a moderate volume of highly complex tasks within a given timeline.
- Requires strong organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to prioritize and problem solve.
- Willingness to travel as necessary, consistent with project needs
- Computer proficiency (Outlook, MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Some travel (domestic and international), up to 15%
Sound exciting? Apply today and join our team!
Please submit resume for Req. # 23-700-001A to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please visit our website at www.sutrobio.comfor more information.
Sutro Biopharma, Inc. requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Sutro will consider requests for reasonable accommodations.
Sutro provides a competitive benefits package that includes a choice of health, dental, and vision insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, 401K plan, PTO, ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Plan) and stock options.
As an equal opportunity employer, we believe in fostering a culture that is inclusive and values diversity in background and opinions. Sutro Biopharma hires extraordinary individuals into every position in the company and is committed to the diversity of our team. Our company progresses without regard of race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, religious belief, age, disability or citizenship status. We are dedicated to creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and succeed together.
We look forward to hearing from candidates who are interested in exploring opportunities with Sutro! Our People & Culture team/hiring managers are unable to respond and do not accept solicitations from third-party agencies.
The anticipated salary range for fully qualified candidates applying for this role at Sutro Biopharma’s California based locations will be $135,000 – $155,000 (not including bonus, equity, and benefits). The final salary offered will be dependent on several factors that include and are not limited to relevant previous experience, job responsibilities and duration of experience, the type and length of experience within the industry and education.
Sutro Biopharma, Inc., located in South San Francisco, is a clinical-stage drug discovery, development and manufacturing company. Using precise protein engineering and rational design, Sutro is advancing next-generation oncology therapeutics.
Sutro is dedicated to transforming the lives of cancer patients by creating medicines with improved therapeutic profiles for areas of unmet need. To date, Sutro’s platform has led to cytokine-based immuno-oncology therapies, ADCs, vaccines and bispecific antibodies directed at precedented targets in clinical indications where the current standard of care is suboptimal.
The platform allows it to accelerate discovery and development of potential first-in-class and best-in-class molecules through rapid and systematic evaluation of protein structure-activity relationships to create optimized homogeneous product candidates.
In addition to developing its own oncology pipeline, Sutro is collaborating with select pharmaceutical and biotech companies to discover and develop novel, next-generation therapeutics. As the pace of clinical development accelerates, Sutro and its partners are developing therapeutics designed to more efficiently kill tumors without harming healthy cells.