CMC Senior Project Manager, Program & Alliance Management (South San Francisco, CA)
Sutro Biopharma, Inc. is looking for a CMC Senior Project Manager, Program and Alliance Management will provide CMC project management and alliance management support for Sutro’s proprietary and partnered pre-development and clinical development stage programs. Working in close collaboration with the Technical Operations CMC team, Project Team Leaders, and Product Development Teams, this position will be responsible for creating and maintaining CMC project plans and timelines, providing CMC team project management support, facilitating project team collaboration, and assisting with alliance budget tracking as needed.
The successful candidate will have a technical background in biologics CMC Development and experience providing project management support for cross-functional technical teams. Exceptional organizational and communication skills are required, along with the ability to proactively facilitate project team and alliance collaboration.
- Working closely with Process and Analytical Development, Supply Chain, Manufacturing Science & Technology team leaders, and Program Project Managers: create and maintain Microsoft Project plans and timelines focused specifically on CMC work streams; identify and communicate critical path activities; cross-functional interdependencies and resource bottlenecks; and proactively identify issues and risks.
- Provide project management support to Technical Operations cross-functional CMC Team meetings including creation and communication of minutes and tracking action items and ensuring that key team documents are centrally archived.
- Assist with the management of project and alliance CMC budgets, working closely with Finance and team stakeholders to ensure accurate forecasting, tracking, and invoicing for alliance partners.
- Promote and contribute to the evolution of Sutro’s project and portfolio management processes and communication tools.
- Bachelor’s or post-graduate degree in a scientific discipline, with 8+ years combined biologics technical operations and/or project management experience, with demonstrated knowledge and experience in early and late-stage CMC development.
- CMC Development experience required. Broad experience providing project management support for cross-functional biologics CMC teams from pre-Development through clinical development is preferred, oncology experience is a plus.
- Strong knowledge of regulatory expectations in the Drug Substance/Drug Product process, analytical, and formulation aspects of biologics CMC development.
- Exceptional organizational skills with the proven ability to develop master schedules and manage multiple projects simultaneously and successfully.
- Outstanding written and inter-personal communication skills are essential, including the ability to successfully and proactively interface with US and international alliance partners.
- Hands-on experience with project management methodologies and tools is required, with at least intermediate-level expertise using Microsoft Project.
- Experience with budgeting and financial tracking is a plus.
- Alliance management experience is a plus.
Sound exciting? Apply today and join our team!
Sutro Biopharma, Inc. requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Sutro will consider requests for reasonable accommodations.
Sutro provides a competitive benefits package that includes a choice of health, dental, and vision insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, 401K plan, PTO, ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Plan) and stock options.
As an equal opportunity employer, we believe in fostering a culture that is inclusive and values diversity in background and opinions. Sutro Biopharma hires extraordinary individuals into every position in the company and is committed to the diversity of our team. Our company progresses without regard of race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, religious belief, age, disability, or citizenship status. We are dedicated to creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and succeed together.
Salaries listed on jobsites may not be representative of salary ranges at Sutro Biopharma.
We look forward to hearing from candidates who are interested in exploring opportunities with Sutro! Our People & Culture team/hiring managers are unable to respond and do not accept solicitations from third-party agencies.
Sutro Biopharma, Inc., located in South San Francisco, is a clinical-stage drug discovery, development, and manufacturing company. Using precise protein engineering and rational design, Sutro is advancing next-generation oncology therapeutics.
Sutro is dedicated to transforming the lives of cancer patients by creating medicines with improved therapeutic profiles for areas of unmet need. To date, Sutro’s platform has led to cytokine-based immuno-oncology therapies, ADCs, vaccines, and bispecific antibodies directed at precedented targets in clinical indications where the current standard of care is suboptimal.
The platform allows it to accelerate discovery and development of potential first-in-class and best-in-class molecules through rapid and systematic evaluation of protein structure-activity relationships to create optimized homogeneous product candidates.
In addition to developing its own oncology pipeline, Sutro is collaborating with select pharmaceutical and biotech companies to discover and develop novel, next-generation therapeutics. As the pace of clinical development accelerates, Sutro and its partners are developing therapeutics designed to more efficiently kill tumors without harming healthy cells.