Sutro has a unique capability that enables new molecular entities to be designed using a hybrid of synthetic and recombinant technologies to create best in class therapeutics in the oncology and auto-immune disease space. Our portfolio includes antibody-drug conjugates, bispecific antibodies, cytokine derivatives and other novel immuno-stimulatory approaches. As a member of the Computational Chemistry team, you will be designing the next generation of small molecule compounds to be delivered via antibody drug conjugates (ADC’s) to the tumor microenvironment.
Sutro Biopharma, Inc. is looking for unique computational chemist that has a solid understanding of Computational Drug Design, Chemical Informatics, data science, computer programing, Machine Learning, and AI.
- Develop and apply innovative computational approaches to predict biological activity profiles of small molecules using machine learning and free energy approaches
- Generate 3D structural understanding of the mechanism of action for novel ligands using advanced modeling and dynamics simulations
- Initiate drug discovery efforts by proposing novel targets / modalities and executing advanced in silico hit generation methodologies
- Drive compound optimization cycles in multi-objective fashion to explore an expanding chemical universe with the aim to discover superior drug candidates
- Collaborate with interdisciplinary project teams to drive effective decision-making from target identification through candidate nomination
- Keep abreast of scientific literature and interact with internal and external scientists to integrate novel insights into computational approaches for drug discovery
- Create and manage chemical and biological databases
- PhD in computational chemistry, computational biology, computational chemical biology, or related field.
- At least 3 years of work experience applying computational methods to drug discovery. Level of the role to be determined based on experience of the candidate.
- Hands-on experience with proven impact in two or more of the following CADD approaches QSAR/Machine-Learning, Virtual Screening & Triaging, Molecular Dynamics, Free Energy, Multi-Objective Optimization, Generative Chemistry
- Working knowledge of medicinal chemistry, cheminformatics, and structure-based drug discovery
- Computer programming experience (Python, SQL), including experience using machine learning libraries (scikit-learn) and cheminformatics toolkits (RDKit)
- Proven ability to collaborate with others
- Experimental experience is a plus
- 3D structure determination, biophysics assays, medicinal chemistry is a plus
- Experience with MD simulations is a plus
- Cluster computing, cloud computing, web services is a plus
- Working knowledge of MongoDB, PostgreSQL, and chemical cartridges is a plus
Sutro provides a competitive benefits package that includes a choice of health, dental, and vision insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, 401K plan, PTO, ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Plan) and stock options.
Sutro Biopharma is committed to the diversity of our team and we are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.
Salaries listed on jobsites may not be representative of salary ranges at Sutro Biopharma.
Please be advised, inquiries or resumes from recruiters will not be accepted.