Contract Business Applications Project Manager (South San Francisco, CA)
The Business Applications Project Manager (contract) will be primarily responsible for the project management and coordination of the implementation, data migration, deployment, and support of Sutro’s enterprise/manufacturing resource planning system. A successful candidate for this position will integrate all aspects of business management at Sutro, including accounting, financial planning, manufacturing, materials management, and logistics. This 9–12 month (full-time) contract role and will work closely with IT, Finance, Manufacturing, Quality, Scientists, and third-party implementation consultants. In addition, skills such as risk, quality, and stakeholder engagement management will be required in both a systematic and ad-hoc manner. A successful project could lead to future business application implementation opportunities in the future.
- Drive MRP implementation expanding Sutro’s Dynamics 365 ERP system.
- Work closely (50%+ onsite) with business, scientific, and technical stakeholders to truly understand Sutro’s business and operational process, provide interactive consultation services, and champion delivery of Sutro’s requirements in the ERP/MRP system.
- Work collaboratively with Sutro’s teams and Integration partners to build, test, deploy, and maintain software applications using custom and industry common practices throughout multiple environments, ensuring that all systems are designed based on risk analysis impacts from user and system requirements.
- Proactively ensure all project details are delivered in an accurate, timely, and complete manner.
- Communicate the plan, status and issues to all stakeholders effectively.
- Adhere to software development life cycle methodology (SDLC).
- Identify, track, and communicate appropriate system and team metrics/KPIs.
- Expert communications skills required.
- Demonstrates active listening and articulate verbal and written skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Operations Management, or another relevant field required. MBA preferred.
- 4+ years of experience successfully implementing various ERP systems.
- Demonstrated experience successfully implementing manufacturing / supply chain functions in ERP systems and a clear understanding of manufacturing workflows and optimization.
- Extensive experience integrating with finance and accounting systems, requirements, support, and tools for development and application support.
- Proven data migration track record in enterprise environments.
- Working knowledge and understanding of end-to-end business processes such as Procure-to-pay and Record-to-Report.
- Experience managing and coordinating external resources.
- Experience working in a cGMP and regulatory compliance environment implementing change control procedures preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics 365 and/or Dynamics AX preferred.
- Have clear understanding of Predictive and Agile software and business project management methodologies.
- Current PMP certification preferred.
- Kanban experience preferred.
Sound exciting? Apply today and join our team!
Sutro provides a competitive benefits package that includes a choice of health, dental, and vision insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, 401K plan, PTO, ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Plan) and stock options.
As an equal opportunity employer, we believe in fostering a culture that is inclusive and values diversity in background and opinions. Sutro Biopharma hires extraordinary individuals into every position in the company and is committed to the diversity of our team. Our company progresses without regard of race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, religious belief, age, disability or citizenship status. We are dedicated to creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and succeed together.
Salaries listed on jobsites may not be representative of salary ranges at Sutro Biopharma.
Please be advised, inquiries or resumes from recruiters will not be accepted.
Sutro Biopharma, Inc., located in South San Francisco, is a clinical-stage drug discovery, development and manufacturing company. Using precise protein engineering and rational design, Sutro is advancing next-generation oncology therapeutics.
Sutro is dedicated to transforming the lives of cancer patients by creating medicines with improved therapeutic profiles for areas of unmet need. To date, Sutro’s platform has led to cytokine-based immuno-oncology therapies, ADCs, vaccines and bispecific antibodies directed at precedented targets in clinical indications where the current standard of care is suboptimal.
The platform allows it to accelerate discovery and development of potential first-in-class and best-in-class molecules through rapid and systematic evaluation of protein structure-activity relationships to create optimized homogeneous product candidates.
In addition to developing its own oncology pipeline, Sutro is collaborating with select pharmaceutical and biotech companies to discover and develop novel, next-generation therapeutics. As the pace of clinical development accelerates, Sutro and its partners are developing therapeutics designed to more efficiently kill tumors without harming healthy cells.