Contract Manufacturing Associate (San Carlos, CA)
Sutro Biopharma, Inc. is looking for energetic and talented team players to join our growing Manufacturing group. Our manufacturing facility is located in San Carlos. As a Contract Manufacturing Associate, you will work in support of the daily operations in the Manufacturing area, including Upstream and Downstream processes. This is a six month full-time temporary contract position extendable based on business needs.
- Perform various manufacturing tasks such as operating, troubleshooting, sterilizing, maintaining, preparing, and cleaning of various process equipment such as stirred-tank bioreactors, media/buffer solutions, disc stack centrifuges, homogenizer, dryer, TFF skid, chromatography systems, parts washers, and CIP systems, under the guidelines of established SOPs and cGMP regulations.
- Reliably and consistently execute well defined SOPs and batch records. Accurately document data and complete batch records.
- Crosstrain in various manufacturing operations including media/buffer prep, fermentation, and purification.
- Draft and revise SOPs and batch records.
- Support cross functional groups such as Quality Assurance, Quality Control, Facilities, Engineering, and Process Development.
- Train new employees
- Conduct and execute validation studies and protocols as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in a biological sciences discipline or equivalent strongly preferred.
- 1-6 years of relevant experience in a cGMP manufacturing or pilot plant environment highly desired.
- Experience with bacterial fermentation and purification a plus.
- Must be flexible to work modified work shift as required.
- Detail oriented with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to lift 50 pounds and stand for extended periods of time.
Sounds exciting? Apply today and join our team!
Sutro Biopharma, Inc. requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Sutro will consider requests for reasonable accommodations.
Sutro provides a competitive benefits package that includes a choice of health, dental, and vision insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, 401K plan, PTO, ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Plan) and stock options.
As an equal opportunity employer, we believe in fostering a culture that is inclusive and values diversity in background and opinions. Sutro Biopharma hires extraordinary individuals into every position in the company and is committed to the diversity of our team. Our company progresses without regard of race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, religious belief, age, disability or citizenship status. We are dedicated to creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and succeed together.
Salaries listed on jobsites may not be representative of salary ranges at Sutro Biopharma.
We look forward to hearing from candidates who are interested in exploring opportunities with Sutro! Our People & Culture team/hiring managers are unable to respond and do not accept solicitations from third-party agencies.
Sutro Biopharma, Inc., located in South San Francisco, is a clinical-stage drug discovery, development and manufacturing company. Using precise protein engineering and rational design, Sutro is advancing next-generation oncology therapeutics.
Sutro is dedicated to transforming the lives of cancer patients by creating medicines with improved therapeutic profiles for areas of unmet need. To date, Sutro’s platform has led to cytokine-based immuno-oncology therapies, ADCs, vaccines and bispecific antibodies directed at precedented targets in clinical indications where the current standard of care is suboptimal.
The platform allows it to accelerate discovery and development of potential first-in-class and best-in-class molecules through rapid and systematic evaluation of protein structure-activity relationships to create optimized homogeneous product candidates.
In addition to developing its own oncology pipeline, Sutro is collaborating with select pharmaceutical and biotech companies to discover and develop novel, next-generation therapeutics. As the pace of clinical development accelerates, Sutro and its partners are developing therapeutics designed to more efficiently kill tumors without harming healthy cells.