Contract Manufacturing Associate
Sutro has a unique capability that enables new molecular entities to be designed using a hybrid of synthetic and recombinant technologies to create best in class therapeutics in the oncology and auto-immune disease space. Our portfolio includes antibody-drug conjugates, bispecific antibodies, cytokine derivatives and other novel immuno-stimulatory approaches.
Sutro Biopharma, Inc. is looking for energetic and talented team players to join our growing Manufacturing group. Our manufacturing facility is located in San Carlos. As a Contract Manufacturing Associate, you will work in support of the daily operations in the Manufacturing area, including Upstream and Downstream processes. This is a six month full-time temporary contract position extendable based on business needs.
- Perform various manufacturing tasks such as operating, troubleshooting, sterilizing, maintaining, preparing, and cleaning of various process equipment such as stirred-tank bioreactors, media/buffer solutions, disc stack centrifuges, homogenizer, dryer, TFF skid, chromatography systems, parts washers, and CIP systems, under the guidelines of established SOPs and cGMP regulations.
- Reliably and consistently execute well defined SOPs and batch records. Accurately document data and complete batch records.
- Crosstrain in various manufacturing operations including media/buffer prep, fermentation, and purification.
- Draft and revise SOPs and batch records.
- Support cross functional groups such as Quality Assurance, Quality Control, Facilities, Engineering, and Process Development.
- Train new employees
- Conduct and execute validation studies and protocols as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in a biological sciences discipline or equivalent strongly preferred.
- 1-6 years of relevant experience in a cGMP manufacturing or pilot plant environment highly desired.
- Experience with bacterial fermentation and purification a plus.
- Must be flexible to work modified work shift as required.
- Detail oriented with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to lift 50 pounds and stand for extended periods of time.
Sutro provides a competitive benefits package that includes a choice of health, dental, and vision insurance.
Sutro Biopharma is committed to the diversity of our team and we are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.
Salaries listed on jobsites may not be representative of salary ranges at Sutro Biopharma.
Please be advised, inquiries or resumes from recruiters will not be accepted.