Sutro has a unique capability that enables new molecular entities to be designed using a hybrid of synthetic and recombinant technologies to create best in class therapeutics in the oncology and auto-immune disease space. Our portfolio includes antibody-drug conjugates, bispecific antibodies, cytokine derivatives and other novel immuno-stimulatory approaches.
Sutro Biopharma, Inc. is looking for energetic and talented individuals to join its multidisciplinary research and development team. You will be working to help develop new processes to maximize our technology and enhance our internal and collaborative product development initiatives in a fast-paced environment. This position will report directly to the General Counsel and will support all aspects of Sutro’s business, including R&D, manufacturing, supply chain, and clinical operations.
- Draft and negotiate agreements for the supply of custom materials used in Sutro’s manufacturing operations.
- Support agreements relating to clinical operations, including clinical trial agreements, letters of indemnification, and the like.
- Handle the day-to-day workflow of Sutro’s ordinary course of business agreements, particularly nondisclosure agreements, material transfer agreements, master service agreements, sponsored research agreements, consulting agreements, and work orders/ statements of work, in collaboration with the appropriate internal stakeholders.
- Collaborate with the Legal Department to design and develop best practices for negotiating, tracking and managing agreements with Sutro’s collaborators, CROs, CMOs, consultants, and other counterparties.
- Collaborate with the Finance Department to design and develop best practices for ensuring that appropriate agreements are in place for service and material providers.
- Assist the General Counsel with public company SEC reporting and documentation.
- Assist the General Counsel with corporate governance and Board of Directors support.
- Own Sutro’s templates for standard agreements and revise as needed to keep up with current best practices.
- JD degree and California Bar registration
- Five years or more of broad-based experience with a variety of agreements relevant to biopharmaceutical companies, with a particular emphasis on agreements for supply of manufacturing services.
- Relevant experience from a reputable law firm or large biopharmaceutical company experience is required; life sciences degree is desirable but not essential.
- Demonstrated ability to provide practical, flexible strategic advice relating to business risks in the context of the relevant agreements
- Demonstrated ability to develop internal policies and procedures to achieve best practices in contracting.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to build and lead teams, with the ability to provide coaching and leadership to teams and colleagues.
- Excellent business judgment and strategic thinking capability.
- Highly motivated and independently driven with integrity and creativity.
- Hard working, well organized and able to manage numerous projects simultaneously under deadline pressure.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, dynamic and highly team-oriented.
Sutro provides a competitive benefits package that includes a choice of health, dental, and vision insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, 401K plan, PTO, ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Plan) and stock options.
Sutro Biopharma is committed to the diversity of our team and we are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.
Salaries listed on jobsites may not be representative of salary ranges at Sutro Biopharma.
Please be advised, inquiries or resumes from recruiters will not be accepted.