Sutro has a unique capability that enables new molecular entities to be designed using a hybrid of synthetic and recombinant technologies to create best in class therapeutics in the oncology and auto-immune disease space. Our portfolio includes antibody-drug conjugates, bispecific antibodies, cytokine derivatives and other novel immuno-stimulatory approaches.
Sutro Biopharma, Inc. is looking for energetic and talented individuals to join its multidisciplinary research and development team. The Director, DMPK will be responsible for leading internal and external scientific and operational initiatives to support Sutro’s research and development programs. You will collaborate cross-functionally to provide guidance on optimization and evaluation of DMPK properties for drug candidates.You will be working to develop new processes to maximize our technology and enhance our internal and collaborative product development initiatives in a fast-paced environment.
- Direct DMPK capability in-house and through external oversight, leading the overall scientific, technical and operational efforts supporting research and development programs.
- Provide scientific guidance on lead optimization of programs and work in close collaboration with chemistry, biology, non-clinical and clinical colleagues to optimize and evaluate the DMPK properties of candidate drugs.
- Define appropriate studies/endpoints and design of internal DMPK studies and be responsible for the deliverables from external studies.
- Ensure complete preclinical DMPK assessment for clinical-stage candidate molecules and responsible for assembling IND enabling preclinical PK and ADME packages.
- Manage GLP bioanalytical labs for nonclinical and clinical assay development and nonclinical sample analysis
- Responsible for understanding routes of elimination, levels and identity of circulating metabolites and toxicology coverage as needed.
- Will be responsible for scientific/technical aspects as well as management of assigned studies including protocol development, budget, timelines, oversight of outsourced activities, data analysis/interpretation and report writing.
- Ph.D. in pharmaceutics, biochemistry, chemistry, or related discipline, with 10+ years of extensive training and industry experience in bioanalysis, metabolism and pharmacokinetics supporting drug discovery environment with program team representation.
- A strong background in ADME and pharmacokinetics/pharmacodynamics as applied in antibody drug conjugate lead optimization.
- Hands-on experience in all aspects of PK study conduct, including study design, execution, interpretation and reporting, with proficiency in PK analysis (Analyst, WinNonlin/Phoenix etc.) Expertise in small and large molecules is a must.
- Extensive knowledge of metabolic routes of biotransformation, metabolite identification and the chemistry of drug metabolism are required.
- Technical knowledge in multiple DMPK areas and an in depth understanding of the experimental DMPK methodologies and approaches utilized in lead optimization of biologics, with extensive experience with antibody drug conjugates.
- Hands-on knowledge of preclinical drug development with experience in the preparation of regulatory documents and ADME packages for clinical programs.
- Highly effective organizational skills and detail-oriented with the ability to understand, plan, and navigate in a matrixed environment.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills including exceptional collaboration and relationship management skills.
Sutro provides a competitive benefits package that includes a choice of health, dental, and vision insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, 401K plan, PTO, ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Plan) and stock options.
Sutro Biopharma is committed to the diversity of our team and we are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.
Salaries listed on jobsites may not be representative of salary ranges at Sutro Biopharma.
Please be advised, inquiries or resumes from recruiters will not be accepted.