Director, Formulation Development (South San Francisco, CA)
Sutro Biopharma, Inc. is looking for a Director of Formulation Development to lead the Formulation Development team which supports Sutro’s clinical candidate pipeline of antibodies, antibody drug conjugates, and additional novel protein/conjugate therapeutics.
The candidate will lead formulation development efforts for protein intermediates, drug substance and drug product. This position will drive interactions with cross-functional areas such as research and process development groups. This role will provide input and data for regulatory filings, and actively communicate and collaborate with colleagues and third-party vendors to ensure optimal execution and record of formulation activities. This position will have direct reports.
- PhD in pharmaceutical sciences, analytical chemistry, biochemistry, or related scientific field and 12+ years of industry experience in the formulation and characterization of large molecule biologics is required OR
- MS in analytical chemistry, biochemistry, or related scientific field and 15+ years of industry experience in the characterization of large molecule biologics is required.
- Requires a strong background in formulation development (liquid and lyophilization) for large molecule biologics, preferably also ADCs. This position will develop formulations to support discovery teams for PK, drug safety and pharmacology studies in animals, and develop formulations for lead drug candidates for clinical to commercial dosage forms.
- Experience in development of commercial drug products and regulatory filings.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the ability to manage activities and solve formulation challenges at CDMOs
- Experience with drug product/biophysical characterization – DSC, FT-IR/CD MFI and other subvisible methods, KF, development of lyophilization compatible formulation, and experience with studies to support intravenous dilution and IV or subcutaneous administration is preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership ability, including a commitment to mentorship and development of personnel.
- Flexibility to work on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment is essential.
- Good communication skills are essential.
Sound exciting? Apply today and join our team!
Sutro provides a competitive benefits package that includes a choice of health, dental, and vision insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, 401K plan, PTO, ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Plan) and stock options.
As an equal opportunity employer, we believe in fostering a culture that is inclusive and values diversity in background and opinions. Sutro Biopharma hires extraordinary individuals into every position in the company and is committed to the diversity of our team. Our company progresses without regard of race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, religious belief, age, disability or citizenship status. We are dedicated to creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and succeed together.
Salaries listed on jobsites may not be representative of salary ranges at Sutro Biopharma.
Please be advised, inquiries or resumes from recruiters will not be accepted.
Sutro Biopharma, Inc., located in South San Francisco, is a clinical-stage drug discovery, development and manufacturing company. Using precise protein engineering and rational design, Sutro is advancing next-generation oncology therapeutics.
Sutro is dedicated to transforming the lives of cancer patients by creating medicines with improved therapeutic profiles for areas of unmet need. To date, Sutro’s platform has led to cytokine-based immuno-oncology therapies, ADCs, vaccines and bispecific antibodies directed at precedented targets in clinical indications where the current standard of care is suboptimal.
The platform allows it to accelerate discovery and development of potential first-in-class and best-in-class molecules through rapid and systematic evaluation of protein structure-activity relationships to create optimized homogeneous product candidates.
In addition to developing its own oncology pipeline, Sutro is collaborating with select pharmaceutical and biotech companies to discover and develop novel, next-generation therapeutics. As the pace of clinical development accelerates, Sutro and its partners are developing therapeutics designed to more efficiently kill tumors without harming healthy cells.