Sutro Biopharma is looking for a talented and energetic team player to help drive preclinical/clinical advancement of our drug portfolios within the Immuno-biology, Translational Pharmacology and Preclinical Development (TP/PD) group.
This immunology position requires a Director with at least 7 years industry experience in the discovery and preclinical development of cancer immunotherapies. The Director will be responsible for leading a group of scientists in validating and advancing several innovative drug targets into IND enabling studies. The successful candidate will provide immunology knowledge and leadership across a variety of immune effector pathways and will be responsible for leading the design and execution of complex immune models. The individual will be expected to:
- Utilize strong background in immunology and tumor biology to support existing immune-modulating oncology programs and develop new product concepts to expand Sutro’s pipeline
- Lead scientific team in the design, execution, analysis, and reporting of immunology studies including mechanism of action, pharmacokinetic (PK)/pharmacodynamic (PD) and immune-toxicity studies
- Communicate key scientific data to project teams and senior management with clear interpretation of data and proposal of next steps
- Ph.D. degree with a minimum of 7 years industry experience evaluating immunology or immuno-oncology drug products and showing successful progression of drug programs from discovery to formal preclinical development (IND enabling)
- Hands on management experience, leading a scientific team to achieve company goals and provide individual mentoring to direct reports
- Led the planning and execution of complex immunology models (cell based and ex vivo) including, mechanism of action, efficacy, PK/PD and immune related toxicity. Must be able to design complex flow cytometry (FACS) readouts and train scientists on immunology experimental systems
- Provide scientific strategy on existing portfolio programs, generate new product concepts that leverage company’s platform technology and produce experimental plans to test innovative ideas
- Must be highly motivated and work successfully in cross-functional teams by contributing data, ideas and mentoring to direct reports and other team members
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, troubleshoot, think critically, and interpret data
- Clear and professional verbal and written communication skills, including maintaining detailed and accurate protocols and study reports
Sutro provides a competitive benefits package that includes a choice of health, dental, and vision insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, 401K plan, PTO, ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Plan) and stock options.
Sutro Biopharma is committed to the diversity of our team and we are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.
Salaries listed on jobsites may not be representative of salary ranges at Sutro Biopharma.
Please be advised, inquiries or resumes from recruiters will not be accepted.