The Director, Program and Alliance Management will provide program and alliance management leadership for Sutro’s proprietary and partnered pre-development and clinical development stage programs. Working in close collaboration with team leaders, this position will be responsible for creating and maintaining cross-functional operational project plans and strategic integrated product development plans. Alliance management responsibilities extend to project, partner, and financial management and oversight.
The successful candidate will have a strong background in biopharmaceutical R&D and experience providing strategic program management leadership for cross-functional project teams from pre-development through Phase 1/2 clinical development. Exceptional organizational and communication skills are required, along with the ability to promote and sustain cross-functional and alliance team-work.
- In close collaboration with program team leaders, drive successful product development by ensuring: effective cross-functional core teams and operational plans/timelines; communication of critical path activities and interdependencies; forward-thinking program strategies; and proactive identification and mitigation of issues and risks. This role may be assigned responsibility for program team leadership.
- Ensure effective program strategy reviews for executive management by developing agendas and presentations that address program goals and milestones, critical issues, key decision-points, and promote strategic discussion.
- Create and maintain integrated product development plans, providing a roadmap for program strategy through clinical development to registration.
- Manage and enhance R&D communication tools including monthly program status reports and Sharepoint-based team collaboration sites.
- Partner with external alliance management counterparts and internal project team leaders to ensure successful communication, project planning and execution, and fulfillment of contractual obligations for Sutro’s drug discovery and development collaborations.
- Responsible for managing alliance budgets, working closely with Finance and project teams to ensure accurate forecasting, tracking, and invoicing for alliance partners.
- Promote and contribute to the evolution of Sutro’s project and portfolio management processes and communication tools.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s or post-graduate degree in a scientific discipline, with at least 10 years biotechnology project management experience; alliance management experience considered a major plus.
- Deep knowledge of project management strategies and tools, including extensive experience using Microsoft Project and experience creating integrated product development plans.
- Experience providing program management for cross-functional project teams from IND through Phase 2 is required; experience with biologics is required, oncology experience is a major plus.
- Demonstrated strategic and business acumen, with budgeting and financial oversight experience is required.
- Strong communication and inter-personal skills are essential.
Sutro provides a competitive benefits package that includes a choice of health, dental, and vision insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, 401K plan, PTO, and stock options.