Sutro Biopharma, Inc. is looking for energetic and talented individuals to join its multidisciplinary research and development team. You will be working to develop new processes to maximize our technology and enhance our internal and collaborative product development initiatives in a fast-paced environment.
The Facilities Technician is responsible for performing: routine building maintenance tasks in one or more fields, e.g., carpentry; electrical; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); plumbing, etc.; general cleaning; and other tasks, as assigned.
- Inspect buildings and other structures to determine proper functioning of systems, while noting malfunctions and needed repairs and recommending related remediation, using a pre‐established check sheet
- Perform minor electrical maintenance, including, but not limited to, replacement or repair of fixtures (e.g., wall switches and outlets, incandescent and fluorescent bulbs and tubes, ballast, sockets, fuses, minor appliances, cords, etc.) using appropriate hand, power and specialty tools
- Perform minor plumbing maintenance (e.g., replacement or repair of leaks in drains and faucets, unclogging of drains, trenching and laying new lines, replacing hoses on washers and similar devices)
- Perform minor painting, carpentry and masonry work (e.g., preparing surfaces and using brush, sprayer, or roller to apply paints, stains, and varnishes, hanging doors, fitting locks and handles, etc.).
- Install, position, reconfigure, and remount modular offices and space (e.g., furniture, wall panels, work surfaces, storage bins, lighting, file cabinets, etc.) to accommodate user needs and maximize office space using appropriate hand, power and specialty tools, dollies and hand trucks.
- Prepare the surfaces and paint various structures and equipment (e.g., walls, refrigerators, evaporative coolers, floors, roofs, doors, restroom facilities, etc.) to preserve wood and metal parts from corrosion and maintain a safe, comfortable working environment using appropriate painting equipment and related tools (e.g., sprayers, rollers, brushes, thinners, etc.).
- Clean up after equipment malfunctions (e.g., water from flooding), maintain areas such as breakrooms, bathrooms, parking lots. Help pick up, and or clean laboratory glassware, as needed.
- Order parts and maintain required documents.
- Support Shipping and Receiving group, when needed
- Completion of high school education (technical school degree preferred)
- Two years working experience in facility maintenance.
- Basic understanding of electrical, plumbing and carpentry.
- Must be able to work flexible hours.
Sutro provides a competitive benefits package that includes a choice of health, dental, and vision insurance.