IT Engineer, Manufacturing Systems (Contract)
Sutro Biopharma, located in South San Francisco, is developing a new generation of multi-functional antibody drug conjugate combination therapeutics and bifunctional antibody-based therapeutics for targeted cancer therapies. These therapeutics will significantly extend the clinical impact of current oncology therapeutic approaches and are beyond what can be envisioned with traditional cell-based expression technologies. Sutro’s biochemical synthesis technology, which underpins these therapeutics, allows the rapid and systematic exploration of many protein drug variants to research, discover, and develop drug candidates. Our make-test cycle for hundreds of protein variants, including those incorporating non-natural amino acids, takes approximately two weeks. Once identified, production of these protein drug candidates can be rapidly and predictably manufactured at commercial scales. In addition to developing its own drug pipeline, Sutro Biopharma is collaborating with select pharmaceutical and biotech companies in the research, discovery, development, and manufacture of novel protein therapeutics.
Sutro Biopharma is looking for an energetic and talented individual to join its IT team, in the role of IT Engineer, Manufacturing Systems. This position is a renewable contract for 40 hour per week. The IT Engineer, Manufacturing Systems is responsible for front line network infrastructure support to GMP operations, supports leadership of Sutro’s IT infrastructure in general, and collaborates on IT planning, SOPs, Microsoft best practice integration, and, in doing so, works closely with IT, Finance, Quality, Manufacturing, Technology Transfer, and third-party contractors. In addition, other skills like project support and KPI tracking will be utilized in both a systematic and ad-hoc manner. This is a 6-month temporary assignment, extendable based on business.
- Assist manager with implementing compliance initiatives and refreshes for all Computerized GMP systems, including necessary routines and SOP improvement for data integrity and GAMP requirements.
- Support SOX compliance by collaborating with team to implement best practices, develop and improve SOPs, support remediations and contribute to audit responses.
- Provide manager with engineering support needed to formalize and culturally assimilate, as appropriate, Microsoft best practices into IT SOPs on Microsoft 365, Office 365, Dynamics 365, and Azure AD.
- Assist with the continued development, implementation, and on-going support of Sutro’s Single Sign-On, Multi Factor Authentication ID management model.
- Troubleshooting, resolving, identifying root causes, and implementing preventative actions driving continuous improvement.
- Represent IT as our Data Integrity SME on internal and external Quality audits, as needed.
- Collaborate with management and third-party contractors on infrastructure and GMP projects.
- Assist Desktop Support, develop procedures, perform both Lab and GMP software installations, offering approaches to maximize efficiency and minimize errors within a compliance framework.
- Responsible for the companywide Information Risk Management Framework of IT department.
- Proactively work to identify and manage companywide IT projects for the continuous improvement of communications, compliance, infrastructure, and security.
- Maintenance and resiliency improvement of high availability infrastructure services including: File service, Active Directory, Azure Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange, Exchange Online, Microsoft SQL, Azure and Amazon Web Services.
- Windows patch management and security updates on GMP computer systems & software.
- Support the integration of computer-based industrial automation systems.
- Understand and enforce IT security policies and document implementation SOPs.
- Assist with preventative and reactive maintenance on:
- Microsoft and AWS Cloud
- Acronis Backups
- Security software and management
- Servers (VMware/Microsoft).
- Validated laboratory computers integrated with scientific data collection instruments.
- Telecommunications equipment (ShoreTel).
- BS in Computer Science with at least 5 years’ experience as a Systems and/or Network administrator in life science industry.
- A detail-oriented, fast learner with excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills in a complex, multi-site networking environment.
- Experience maintaining GMP requirements for computerized and networked systems including: Computerized Systems Validation, Good Documentation Practices, Good Automated Manufacturing Practices, 21 CFR Part 11 and the ability to be IT’s SME for Data Integrity.
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) or equivalent experience.
- Good capability with Office 365 as a Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) or equivalent experience.
- Understanding of data communication technologies and concepts such as TCP/IP, VPN, Layer3 and Layer4 networking.
- Experience with Federated environments, managing and integrating Microsoft Active Directory infrastructure with Azure AD.
- Operational knowledge of cloud services such as Amazon EC3, Azure AD and Acronis Cloud.
- Familiarity with SharePoint, Microsoft Teams, Zoom, Duo Multi-Factor Authentication, and WorkSpace One, Acronis and CrashPlan.
- Specific experience with Macintosh (25%) and Windows (75%) operating systems support.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication, customer service, organization, and listening skills.
- Ability to develop standard solutions to ongoing computer problems.
- Team player with proactive attitude, comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability in MS SQL Server, IIS administration or OSI Pi a plus.
- Must be able to enter the Manufacturing clean room environment on short notice, equipping protective gear and passing through clean suit gowning and de-gowning areas.
- Candidate should be able to lift computer equipment weighing up to 40lbs.
- Must have a registered automobile and be available to drive from San Carlos to South San Francisco to support second site users and equipment as needed.
Sutro Biopharma is committed to the diversity of our team and we are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.
Salaries listed on jobsites may not be representative of salary ranges at Sutro Biopharma.
Please be advised, inquiries or resumes from recruiters will not be accepted.