Sutro Biopharma, Inc. is looking for an energetic and talented individual to join our Manufacturing Team. As a Manufacturing Supervisor you will support manufacturing operations by overseeing and performing a variety of activities with general guidance and in accordance with current Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) while ensuring safety of the people, products, equipment, and facilities.
- Maintains workflow by monitoring process steps, observing control points and equipment and monitoring personnel and resources with an expectation of ~50% on-floor support.
- Creates, reviews, and approves batch records, standard operating procedures, media/buffer tickets, and forms.
- Applies broad knowledge to act as a key contributor on complex or critical manufacturing assignments.
- Applies cross-functional process knowledge to other groups (e.g. Quality, Facilities, Validation, Materials Management, etc.).
- Nurtures cooperation and communication within Manufacturing team and other departments.
- Leads projects of moderate scope (may be cross functional or involve multiple teams); works on complex issues and is guided by expected outcomes; acts as an advisor/coach to mentor other team members.
- Develops and creates personal growth opportunities for staff.Resolves personnel issues by analyzing data, investigating issues, identifying solutions and recommending action.
- Develops solutions and execution strategies in complicated or novel manufacturing situations.
- Ensures Manufacturing investigations concerning process deviations, CAPAs, change controls, etc. close by due dates.
- Networks outside of area of expertise; provides advice to ensure understanding of non-technical and technical matters.
- Represents the company in interactions with external customers and collaborators.
- Impacts the business by influencing decisions through advice, counsel or facilitating services to others in operational and technical areas.
- Involved in developing manufacturing schedule as it includes tech transfer and process development schedules along with future product deliverables schedules.
- A minimum of a B.S. Degree in the biological sciences or engineering with four (4) or more years of experience and one (1) or more years in a leadership or equivalent role in a cGMP environment is required.
- Must be knowledgeable of cGMPs and possess a cGMP, compliance, and technical mindset.
- Working knowledge of either cell culture upstream operations or downstream operations (chromatography or tangential flow filtration) and buffer/media preparation operations and equipment. Spray dryer experience a plus.
- Experience in resolving production non-conformances/deviations, implementing corrective and preventative actions, leading improvement projects and initiatives, and validating systems/processes.
- Possess strong leadership, organizational, and technical skills.
- Experience with single-use technology a plus.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to create and follow production schedules.
Sutro provides a competitive benefits package that includes a choice of health, dental, and vision insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, 401K plan, PTO, and stock options.
Please be advised, inquiries or resumes from recruiters will not be accepted.