Payroll and Stock Specialist (South San Francisco, CA)
Sutro Biopharma, Inc. is looking for a motivated and detail-oriented Payroll and Stock Specialist to join our team of finance professionals in a fast-paced, high-growth environment. This is an individual contributor role responsible for processing accurate, timely semi-monthly payrolls and associated journal entries, maintaining employee records in our HR, payroll, stock, and accounting systems, and other accounting needs in a SOX 404b compliant environment.
- Prepare and process semi-monthly payroll for approximately 225 employees
- Review timecards and classify shift time for approximately 30 non-exempt manufacturing staff
- Collect and process payroll data from partners in the Human Resources and AP teams
- Process taxable stock transactions and other off-cycle payroll transactions
- Create required payroll journal entries and reconcile accrual accounts monthly
- Prepare monthly list of stock options and awards to be granted
- Maintain employee records in ADP (HR & Payroll), EEO (Stock), and R&D Logic (Time) systems
- Prepare monthly and ad-hoc reports for cross-functional partner teams
- Associates degree or higher in Accounting or Finance; CPP or FPC certification a plus
- Minimum 2 years of relevant work experience in payroll and/or accounting
- Strong knowledge of U.S. and California payroll and tax policies
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills; familiarity with ADP, EEO, and Microsoft D365 a plus
- Familiarity with stock compensation, exercises and grants
- Highly self-motivated and capable of working successfully within a team environment
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with experience in working toward tight deadlines
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
Sound exciting? Apply today and join our team!
Sutro provides a competitive benefits package that includes a choice of health, dental, and vision insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, 401K plan, PTO, ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Plan) and stock options.
As an equal opportunity employer, we believe in fostering a culture that is inclusive and values diversity in background and opinions. Sutro Biopharma hires extraordinary individuals into every position in the company and is committed to the diversity of our team. Our company progresses without regard of race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, religious belief, age, disability or citizenship status. We are dedicated to creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and succeed together.
Salaries listed on jobsites may not be representative of salary ranges at Sutro Biopharma.
Please be advised, inquiries or resumes from recruiters will not be accepted.
Sutro Biopharma, Inc., located in South San Francisco, is a clinical-stage drug discovery, development and manufacturing company. Using precise protein engineering and rational design, Sutro is advancing next-generation oncology therapeutics.
Sutro is dedicated to transforming the lives of cancer patients by creating medicines with improved therapeutic profiles for areas of unmet need. To date, Sutro’s platform has led to cytokine-based immuno-oncology therapies, ADCs, vaccines and bispecific antibodies directed at precedented targets in clinical indications where the current standard of care is suboptimal.
The platform allows it to accelerate discovery and development of potential first-in-class and best-in-class molecules through rapid and systematic evaluation of protein structure-activity relationships to create optimized homogeneous product candidates.
In addition to developing its own oncology pipeline, Sutro is collaborating with select pharmaceutical and biotech companies to discover and develop novel, next-generation therapeutics. As the pace of clinical development accelerates, Sutro and its partners are developing therapeutics designed to more efficiently kill tumors without harming healthy cells.