Sutro Biopharma, Inc. is looking for energetic and talented individuals to join its multidisciplinary research and development team. You will be working to develop new processes to maximize our technology and enhance our internal and collaborative product development initiatives in a fast-paced environment.
As a member of the Sutro Biopharma Facilities and Engineering Team you will be an important and valued resource for the maintenance of the building, utilities and bioprocessing equipment at our cGMP Manufacturing Facility. Your core duties will include some or all the following responsibilities.
- Complete all required safety related training for the Sutro Manufacturing Facility.
- Hazardous Waste and Biohazardous Waste program point of contact for pickup from contract service provider.
- This job requires lifting 50 lbs.
- Ability to troubleshoot complex problems and discern between cause and effect so that a lasting solution is put in place.
- Ability to work with a variety of tools in multiple disciplines such as electrical and plumbing. All manner of electromechanical devices will be in your scope of work.
- Performance of planned maintenance and work orders on GMP Bioprocessing Equipment and Support Equipment such as Qualified Utilities.
- Follow established, written procedures for the Preventive Maintenance Program, Spare Parts Program, Calibration Program, Operation and Maintenance SOPs for the Sutro Manufacturing Facility.
- On call, after hours response to support manufacturing and utilities equipment issues.
- Scheduling service providers and point of contact during maintenance which often includes escorting in the cleanrooms and building during the maintenance activities.
- Prioritizing emergency and non-emergency tasks.
- Acknowledging incoming service requests from internal customers and creation of work orders.
Inventory and Computer Systems
- Maintain the spare parts room by following the systems and processes associated with it.
- Educate stakeholders and customers on the systems and procedures for equipment management.
- Utilize the Computerized Maintenance Management Software to track assets, calibration and the entire work order and preventive maintenance process.
- Able to use common desktop software to prepare and present information.
Documentation and Quality Systems:
- cGMP Documentation Practices
- Change Control authoring and execution
- Deviation initiation, authoring and investigation, closure
- Provide back-up support for the calibration program
- Provide support for utility equipment maintenance and monitoring including logbooks
- Share on-call and afterhours response activities and responsibilities
- Associates Degree or Trades Certification / High School Completion
- Previous Life Science/ GMP / Maintenance Role preferred.
- Ability to wear PPE as the job requires
- Control of Hazardous Energies Training
- Confined Space Training
- Ladder Safety Training
- Excellent communication skills
- Provide a professional and responsible interaction with team members, service providers and internal customers.
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to work in a clean and efficient manner
- Work closely with team members and internal customers to accomplish a common goal
- Ability to work in a fast-paced goal-oriented environment.
- Ability to stay focused on longer term projects.
Sutro provides a competitive benefits package that includes a choice of health, dental, and vision insurance.