Sutro Biopharma is seeking a senior professional to support our Materials and Logistics team. This individual will be responsible for managing the direct material procurement process, including but not limited to analyzing supply and demand, procuring chemicals and components for use in manufacturing, analyzing open order reports, managing supplier acknowledgments and delivery. With a complete understanding of the total cost of ownership, the procurement and sourcing specialist will strive to meet/exceed stakeholder requirements and expectations, evaluating all aspects of the buying process, resulting in optimal value solutions. This individual will work well in a team setting, supporting Manufacturing, Quality, Supply Chain and Development. The Procurement and Sourcing Specialist will be located in our San Carlos offices and report to the Associate Director, Materials and Logistics.
This individual will be responsible for supporting Materials and Logistics
- Procure direct and indirect materials and services required for manufacturing under cGMP controls and processes
- Establish and maintain effective supplier relationships, including but not limited to negotiating prices based on frequency, quantities and capacity, issue resolution, managing timely delivery
- Determine and negotiate crucial supplier terms and conditions
- Drive cost savings initiatives to reduce cost of goods and optimize savings
- Manage, track and report out supplier key performance indicators (on-time delivery, cost, quality and innovation)
- Invoice issue management and mitigation
- Manage and execute sourcing strategies to ensure continuity of supply
- Manage service level agreements
- Manage bidding processes for capital expenditures, establishing bid evaluation criteria and strategies, resulting in a fair and reasonable offering
- Ability to operate in a project and production-based organization with strict timelines and frequent priority changes
This individual will be expected to effectively follow Sutro Biopharma’s SOPs and policies, and cGMP compliance regulations. Additionally, he/she should be able to independently manage review times to meet Sutro’s priorities and communicated timelines.
- 5+ years of procurement related experience in a cGMP regulated manufacturing environment is preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in a business-related discipline or equivalent experience required
- 5+ years in production planning preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience managing the competitive bidding process (RFQ, RFP, RFX)
- Ability to work with others in a positive “can do” and collaborative manner
- Balanced decision making that demonstrates critical thinking
- Analytical and detail oriented
- Able to establish priorities and maintain progress even under uncertain circumstances
- Strong prioritization and organizational skills
- Ability to utilize multiple word-processing and database applications.
- Prior MRP and E-Procurement experience preferred
Sutro provides a competitive benefits package that includes a choice of health, dental, and vision insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, 401K plan, PTO, and stock options.