The Project Manager, Program and Alliance Management will provide program and alliance management support for Sutro’s proprietary and partnered pre-development and clinical development stage programs. Working in close collaboration with Project Team Leaders and Product Development Teams, this position will be responsible for facilitating collaboration, creating and maintaining cross-functional project plans using Microsoft Project, writing and distributing meeting minutes, project team document management and archiving, and assisting with alliance budget tracking.
The successful candidate will have a background in biopharmaceutical R&D and experience providing project management support for cross-functional project teams. Exceptional organizational and communication skills are required, along with the ability to proactively facilitate cross-functional and alliance teamwork.
- Working closely with program and functional team leads: create and maintain Microsoft Project timelines, communicate critical path activities and cross-functional interdependencies, and proactively identify issues and risks.
- Provide project management support to Product Development Team meetings including creation and communication of minutes and tracking action items, and ensuring that key team documents are centrally archived.
- Assist with the management of alliance budgets, working closely with Finance and project teams to ensure accurate forecasting, tracking, and invoicing for alliance partners.
- Promote and contribute to the evolution of Sutro’s project and portfolio management processes and communication tools.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s or post-graduate degree in a scientific discipline, with 5+ years biotechnology experience and at least 3 years project management experience.
- Exceptional organizational skills with the proven ability to successfully and independently manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Outstanding written and inter-personal communication skills are essential, including the ability to successfully and proactively interface with US and international alliance partners.
- Hands-on experience with project management methodologies and tools is required and at least intermediate-level expertise using Microsoft Project is preferred.
- Experience providing project management support for cross-functional project teams from pre-Development through early clinical development is required; experience with biologics is required, oncology experience is a plus.
- Experience with budgeting and financial tracking is a plus.
- Alliance management experience is a plus.
- Experience with Sharepoint document management is a plus.
Sutro provides a competitive benefits package that includes a choice of health, dental, and vision insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, 401K plan, PTO, and stock options.