Purchasing Buyer (Contract)
Sutro has a unique capability that enables new molecular entities to be designed using a hybrid of synthetic and recombinant technologies to create best in class therapeutics in the oncology and auto-immune disease space. Our portfolio includes antibody-drug conjugates, bispecific antibodies, cytokine derivatives and other novel immuno-stimulatory approaches.
The ideal candidate for buyer plans, schedules and monitors the movement of materials, equipment, and services through the production cycle of the R&D department and Corporate facility to determine required materials, equipment, and services. Purchases materials, equipment, and services, using R&D and Facility schedules to maintain inventory, equipment, and services at planned levels. Gathers quotations, examines bids and makes awards. Develop specifications for new contract orders, obtain materials, services, and equipment. Evaluates vendor, reliability, develops new supply sources in which vendors and supplies are inadequate. Monitors cost, schedule and scope of all commodities and subcontractors to assure best quality at best value. This position is a 6-month temporary contract, extendable based on business needs.
- Purchase materials and services at the least possible cost to support the R&D and Corporate facility.
- Source new vendors and evaluate vendor performance quarterly.
- Adhere to and enforce Sutro’s hierarchal purchasing policies and procedures in compliance with board approved approval system. Review all proposals and make recommendations and changes to obtain a fair contract on services, equipment and materials required.
- Obtain RFQs and evaluate bids based on purchasing policies and procedures and make awards to winning suppliers.
- Review and update open purchase orders as needed and resolve discrepant orders in “Dynamics 365” immediately.
- Resolve discrepancies with internal customers, vendors, and accounting.
- Process and order approved commodities and enter orders into “Dynamics 365” by converting an approved purchase requisition into a purchase order.
- Expedite past due orders with vendors and ensure that credit memos for returned materials are obtained prior to shipment of replacement orders.
- Negotiate with vendors on high dollar materials, equipment, and services to obtain the best possible cost to support company requirements.
- Develop new source of suppliers to widen the vendor base on high dollar equipment, services, and materials.
- Miscellaneous purchasing tasks and projects as assigned.
- Assist users with using Dynamics 365 for requisition creation.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics AX/ 365 software required. Experience with Coupa preferred.
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Works on problems of diverse scope in which analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Exercises judgment within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in a business/scientific discipline or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of 2 to 5 years related experience in purchasing and/or materials in a SOX regulated environment.
Sutro provides a competitive benefits package that includes a choice of health, dental, and vision insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, 401K plan, PTO, ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Plan) and stock options.
Sutro Biopharma is committed to the diversity of our team and we are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.
Salaries listed on jobsites may not be representative of salary ranges at Sutro Biopharma.
Please be advised, inquiries or resumes from recruiters will not be accepted.