QC Microbiologist ( San Carlos, CA)
Sutro Biopharma, Inc. is looking for a driven and talented individual to join our research and development team as we change the future of oncology. While collaborating with cross- functional departments, you will play a key role in maximizing our technology and progressing our novel therapeutics. We are dedicated tomaking a difference in the lives of patients, both as individuals and as part of a team.
- Performs microbiological testing to support the manufacturing facilities and production; testing includes but is not limited to environmental/utilities monitoring, bioburden, growth promotion, microbial limits, endotoxin, microbial identification, and TOC/conductivity testing
- Executes protocols to perform qualification, technology transfer and troubleshooting for microbiology methods/assays
- Reviews environmental monitoring data and laboratory equipment documentation and records
- Supports QC Analytical methods and testing, as needed
- Performs laboratory housekeeping tasks such as equipment cleaning/maintenance and inventory management
- Performs and receives training on microbiological methods
- Interacts with Facilities, Manufacturing and QA as needed to coordinate testing and support adverse events investigations
- Authors and/or approves standard operating procedures (SOPs) for QC Microbiology
- Prepares microbiological reports such as environmental/utilities monitoring and microbial identification
- 4-year science degree (B.A. or B.S.) with at least 2+ years of hands-on experience in a cGMP environment or master’s degree in Microbiology or a related field
- Experience with microbiological testing such as bioburden, endotoxin, growth promotion, Gram stain, and environmental monitoring (total particulates, viable air particulates, and surface monitoring) andutility systems monitoring/testing (bioburden, TOC, conductivity, dew point and oil content)
- Experience working in a Quality Control Environment is preferred
- Ability to communicate clearly, in writing and verbally, with peers, upper management and with external customers
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication with an emphasis on creating a motivated, effective working team
- Understanding of scientific theories, principles, and techniques used in biological and analytical test procedures
- Ability to shift priorities with ease
- Ability to work off-shift, weekends, and holidays, as needed
- Proficient in computer software such as Microsoft Experience with additional software that can be applicable to improving current systems is preferred
- Ability to sit, stand and work within workspace for extended periods of time
Sound exciting? Apply today and join our team!
Sutro Biopharma, Inc. requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Sutro will consider requests for reasonable accommodations.
Sutro provides a competitive benefits package that includes a choice of health, dental, and vision insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, 401K plan, PTO, ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Plan) and stock options.
As an equal opportunity employer, we believe in fostering a culture that is inclusive and values diversity in background and opinions. Sutro Biopharma hires extraordinary individuals into every position in the company and is committed to the diversity of our team. Our company progresses without regard of race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, religious belief, age, disability, or citizenship status. We are dedicated to creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and succeed together.
Salaries listed on jobsites may not be representative of salary ranges at Sutro Biopharma.
We look forward to hearing from candidates who are interested in exploring opportunities with Sutro! Our People & Culture team/hiring managers are unable to respond and do not accept solicitations from third-party agencies.
Sutro Biopharma, Inc., located in South San Francisco, is a clinical-stage drug discovery, development, and manufacturing company. Using precise protein engineering and rational design, Sutro is advancing next-generation oncology therapeutics.
Sutro is dedicated to transforming the lives of cancer patients by creating medicines with improved therapeutic profiles for areas of unmet need. To date, Sutro’s platform has led to cytokine-based immuno-oncology therapies, ADCs, vaccines, and bispecific antibodies directed at precedented targets in clinical indications where the current standard of care is suboptimal.
The platform allows it to accelerate discovery and development of potential first-in-class and best-in-class molecules through rapid and systematic evaluation of protein structure-activity relationships to create optimized homogeneous product candidates.
In addition to developing its own oncology pipeline, Sutro is collaborating with select pharmaceutical and biotech companies to discover and develop novel, next-generation therapeutics. As the pace of clinical development accelerates, Sutro and its partners are developing therapeutics designed to more efficiently kill tumors without harming healthy cells.