Sutro Biopharma, Inc. is looking for energetic and talented individuals to join its multidisciplinary research and development team. You will be working to develop new processes to maximize our technology and enhance our internal and collaborative product development initiatives in a fast-paced environment.
As a member of the Downstream Process Development group (protein purification and conjugation) you will participate in larger cross-functional process development/ manufacturing teams and collaborate on multiple projects.
- Develop new process steps (chromatography, filtration, conjugation) at laboratory scale
- Improve existing processes at the intermediate laboratory scale
- Prepare tech transfer documents
- Run established complex purification and conjugation processes at the pilot scale, culminating in the manufacturing of biotherapeutics following cGMP regulations
- Proper documentation of performed work, integration into the DSP team, report writing, and building productive relationships with upstream, analytics, QC, QA and manufacturing are expected
Bachelors or master’s in chemical engineering, biochemistry or a related discipline, with 2 – 5 year’s industry experience
- Experience with the following is required:
- laboratory and pilot scale process chromatography equipment and set-up
- laboratory and pilot scale process filtration equipment and set-up
- technology transfer to manufacturing, including report writing
- Experience with the following is preferred:
- Experience with HPLC and liquid handlers (TECAN)
- manufacturing of biotherapeutics following cGMP regulations
- execution of batch production records in a cGMP environment
- design of experiments (DOE) and statistical data analysis
- implementation of single use in the manufacturing of biotherapeutics
Sutro provides a competitive benefits package that includes a choice of health, dental, and vision insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, 401K plan, PTO, and stock options.