Sutro Biopharma, Inc. is looking for energetic and talented individuals to join its multidisciplinary research and development team. You will be working to develop new processes to maximize our technology and enhance our internal and collaborative product development initiatives in a fast-paced environment. Sutro is looking for a Research Associate to join our Analytical Development group to provide analytical support and assist in analytical development activities of Sutro developed antibodies.
- Provide analytical support for our process development engineers in running routine testing of in-process protein samples with timely documentation of results.
- Assist in the development, qualification and analytical workload of monoclonal antibodies and antibody drug conjugates using state-of-the-art chromatographic (SEC-, IEX-, RP-UPLC) and biophysical (CE-SDS, iciEF, spectroscopy) techniques.
- Participate in cross-functional activities and trainings in support of analytical development objectives, as needed.
- Provide data for analytical development presentations to be presented in weekly team and department meetings.
- Additional responsibilities include lab maintenance (e.g. buffer preparation, sample management, instrument maintenance/troubleshooting) and lab organization activities.
- BS or BA in chemistry, biochemistry, molecular biology or a related discipline.
- 1+ years of laboratory experience in the analysis and characterization of monoclonal antibodies and/or antibody drug conjugates (e.g. CE, SEC, IEX, RP).
- Basic proficiency in laboratory techniques and ability to learn the operation of laboratory instrumentation and associated software.
- Team-oriented, works well in collaborative environments, good oral and written communication skills and an eagerness to take on new projects.
- Flexibility to work on multiple projects between groups in a fast-paced environment is essential.
- Preference for applicants with experience in performing protein characterization and chromatography assays.
Sutro provides a competitive benefits package that includes a choice of health, dental, and vision insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, 401K plan, PTO, and stock options.