Research Associate, Protein Engineering
Sutro has a unique capability that enables new molecular entities to be designed using a hybrid of synthetic and recombinant technologies to create best in class therapeutics in the oncology and auto-immune disease space. Our portfolio includes antibody-drug conjugates, bispecific antibodies, cytokine derivatives and other novel immuno-stimulatory approaches.
Sutro Biopharma, Inc. is looking for an energetic and talented scientist to join our Protein Engineering team. As a member of our Protein Engineering team, this scientist will have a unique opportunity to contribute to the development of protein therapeutics from early discovery to late-stage models. You will be working to develop new processes to maximize our technology and enhance our internal and collaborative product development initiatives in a fast-paced environment.
- Responsible for executing biochemical assays to characterize novel protein therapeutics
- Clone management
- Protein expression and purification
- Functional testing
- Make recommendations on high-value constructs
- Highly adaptable and flexible individual with an aptitude for learning and quickly executing assays involving new technologies
- BS in molecular biology, biochemistry, or related field. Preferably with 1+ years of industrial/academic laboratory experience.
- A highly collaborative individual and good team player, who can work well in a mixed matrix environment. The role will interact with different groups such as cell biology, biochemistry, and analytical chemistry.
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving capabilities.
- Ability to multitask, run assays and conduct data analysis.
- Experience with bacterial growth, ELISAs, protein purification, and DNA extraction is desired.
- Experience with FACS, High Throughput Screening and lab automation, such as liquid handling robots, is a plus.
- Outstanding written/verbal communication skills.
- The ideal candidate will be meticulous, highly organized, pay great attention to detail, deliver consistent results, and can work under aggressive timelines.
Sutro provides a competitive benefits package that includes a choice of health, dental, and vision insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, 401K plan, PTO, ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Plan) and stock options.
Sutro Biopharma is committed to the diversity of our team and we are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.
Salaries listed on jobsites may not be representative of salary ranges at Sutro Biopharma.
Please be advised, inquiries or resumes from recruiters will not be accepted.