Sutro Biopharma, Inc. is looking for energetic and talented individuals to join its multidisciplinary research and development team. You will be working to develop new processes to maximize our technology and enhance our internal and collaborative product development initiatives in a fast paced environment.
Sutro Biopharma, Inc. is looking for an energetic and talented individual to join the multidisciplinary Protein Biochemistry group within the Research Department. You will be working to understand and improve the performance of our core technologies including in vitro biochemical protein synthesis, site specific antibody drug conjugation by designing and executing experiments on transcription, translation, protein folding, conjugation and analysis. You will participate in cross-functional teams to perform multiple projects. Responsibilities extend from protein expression, protein-small molecules conjugation, protein-protein conjugation and characterization. The successful candidate will design and validate protein expression and conjugation methods appropriate to the scale, number-of-samples, and required purity level for the given project, and will implement appropriate assays to characterize products and to better understand the technology and process.
We are seeking a highly-motivated team-player with excellent problem-solving skills and experience in protein production, purification and analysis. Versatility is a must, as tasks will involve multiple different protein types, scales and purities. Good organizational skills and the ability to manage projects within a timeline are essential.
The ideal candidate will have the following background/skill set:
- BS in biochemistry or a related discipline with 1-3+ years industry experience or MS in biochemistry or a related discipline
- Experience working with in vivo or in vitro protein expression required. Experience working with antibodies preferred
- Hands on experience with small molecule, peptide or protein to protein conjugation is required
- Experience with analytical methods applied to proteins is required. Methods might include HPLC analysis using SEC, HIC, CIEX or RP. Experience with mass spectrometry such as MALDI and LC-MS is a plus
- Proficiency with common protein analytical techniques including SDS-PAGE, Western blotting and ELISA
- Deep understanding of, ability to design and perform protein activity assay
- Hands on experience with various research-scale affinity methods for protein purification, including nickel-IMAC, protein A, protein G etc
- Understanding in techniques used in gene synthesis, including primer design, PCR and subcloning
- Familiarity with sequence analysis software, such as Vector NTI
- Experience working with radioisotopes preferred
- Experience working on cross-functional teams
Sutro provides a competitive benefits package that includes a choice of health, dental, and vision insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, 401K plan, PTO, and stock options.