Research Associate/Senior Research Associate, Pharmacology
Sutro Biopharma, located in South San Francisco, is a clinical-stage company and pioneered a compelling and unique way of discovering, developing, and manufacturing therapeutics. Our focus is aimed primarily on next-generation cancer therapeutics— Antibody Conjugates, Bispecific Antibodies, and cytokine derivatives. These therapeutics will significantly extend the clinical impact of current oncology therapeutic approaches and are beyond what can be envisioned with traditional cell-based expression technologies. Sutro’s biochemical synthesis technology, which underpins these therapeutics, allows the rapid and systematic exploration of many protein drug variants to research, discover, and develop drug candidates. Our make-test cycle for hundreds of protein variants, including those incorporating non-natural amino acids, takes approximately two weeks. Once identified, the production of these protein drug candidates can be rapidly and predictably manufactured at commercial scales. In addition to developing its own drug pipeline, Sutro Biopharma is collaborating with select pharmaceutical and biotech companies in the research, discovery, development, and manufacture of novel protein therapeutics.
Sutro Biopharma is looking for a talented and energetic team player to help drive the preclinical advancement of our drug portfolios within the Immunobiology Pharmacology group.
This pharmacology position requires a Research Associate (RA)/Senior Research Associate (SRA) with at least 2 years of industry experience in the preclinical development of cancer immunotherapies. Experience performing immuno-oncology non-clinical animal pharmacology, pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic studies is preferred. Relevant experience with and basic knowledge of tumor biology and/or cancer immunology is mandatory. The individual will be expected to:
- Independently execute in vivo experiments, analyze data, and generate reports
- Communicate key scientific data to project teams with a clear interpretation of data and proposal of next steps
- B.S. or M.S. with a minimum of 2 years of industry experience evaluating oncology or immuno-oncology drug products in preclinical models
- Experience performing xenograft tumor studies independently with knowledge of animal handling techniques, dosing methods (IV, IP, IT, SC) and blood/tissue collection techniques is required
- Flow cytometry (FACS) experience is a must – including design FACS panels, process tissues, operate flow cytometers and data analysis on human and murine cells, tumors, and tissues
- Must be highly motivated and work successfully in cross-functional teams by contributing data and ideas
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, multi-task, troubleshoot, think critically, and interpret data
- Proficient in standard scientific software used for data analysis (e.g. Microsoft Excel, Prism, FlowJo), as well as Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
- Clear and professional verbal and written communication skills, including maintaining detailed and accurate protocols and lab notebooks
Sutro provides a competitive benefits package that includes a choice of health, dental, and vision insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, 401K plan, PTO, ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Plan) and stock options.
Sutro Biopharma is committed to the diversity of our team and we are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.
Salaries listed on jobsites may not be representative of salary ranges at Sutro Biopharma.
Please be advised, inquiries or resumes from recruiters will not be accepted.