Scientist, Analytical & Formulation Development (South San Francisco, CA)
Sutro Biopharma, Inc. is seeking a driven and talented Scientist to join our Analytical Development team as we change the future of oncology. This role will support chromatography assay development for monoclonal antibodies, bispecific antibodies, cytokines, and antibody drug conjugates. While collaborating with cross-functional departments, you will play a key role in maximizing our technology and progressing our novel therapeutics. We are dedicated to making a difference in the lives of patients, both as individuals and as part of a team.
- Develop new chromatography assays for characterization of recombinant proteins and conjugates.
- Perform testing to support upstream/downstream development, formulation development, and manufacturing.
- Qualify assays and support technology transfer to Sutro QC and contract testing laboratories.
- Author and review SOPs, protocols, and technical reports.
- Work collaboratively within Analytical Development, other functional areas, external partners, and CMOs.
- Perform routine maintenance and troubleshoot instrumentation.
- PhD in analytical chemistry, biochemistry, molecular biology or related scientific field and 2+ years of industry experience in the characterization of large molecule biologics is required OR
- BS/MS in analytical chemistry, biochemistry, molecular biology or related scientific field and 6+ years of industry experience in the characterization of large molecule biologics is required.
- Requires expertise in analytical chromatography and electrophoresis of recombinant proteins modes including SEC, IEC, HIC, RPLC, icIEF, and CE-SDS.
- Thorough understanding of protein separation methods combined with the experience in developing, qualifying methods, and transferring assays to QC environment is required.
- Experience in developing analytical methods for small molecules and polymers is desired.
- Knowledge of mass spectrometry is highly preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership ability, including a commitment to mentorship and development of personnel.
- Flexibility to work on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment is essential.
- Good communication skills are essential.
Sound exciting? Apply today and join our team!
Sutro provides a competitive benefits package that includes a choice of health, dental, and vision insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, 401K plan, PTO, ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Plan) and stock options.
As an equal opportunity employer, we believe in fostering a culture that is inclusive and values diversity in background and opinions. Sutro Biopharma hires extraordinary individuals into every position in the company and is committed to the diversity of our team. Our company progresses without regard of race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, religious belief, age, disability or citizenship status. We are dedicated to creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and succeed together.
Salaries listed on jobsites may not be representative of salary ranges at Sutro Biopharma.
Please be advised, inquiries or resumes from recruiters will not be accepted.
Sutro Biopharma, Inc., located in South San Francisco, is a clinical-stage drug discovery, development and manufacturing company. Using precise protein engineering and rational design, Sutro is advancing next-generation oncology therapeutics.
Sutro is dedicated to transforming the lives of cancer patients by creating medicines with improved therapeutic profiles for areas of unmet need. To date, Sutro’s platform has led to cytokine-based immuno-oncology therapies, ADCs, vaccines and bispecific antibodies directed at precedented targets in clinical indications where the current standard of care is suboptimal.
The platform allows it to accelerate discovery and development of potential first-in-class and best-in-class molecules through rapid and systematic evaluation of protein structure-activity relationships to create optimized homogeneous product candidates.
In addition to developing its own oncology pipeline, Sutro is collaborating with select pharmaceutical and biotech companies to discover and develop novel, next-generation therapeutics. As the pace of clinical development accelerates, Sutro and its partners are developing therapeutics designed to more efficiently kill tumors without harming healthy cells.