Scientist, Analytical & Formulation Development
Sutro has a unique capability that enables new molecular entities to be designed using a hybrid of synthetic and recombinant technologies to create best in class therapeutics in the oncology and auto-immune disease space. Our portfolio includes antibody-drug conjugates, bispecific antibodies, cytokine derivatives and other novel immuno-stimulatory approaches.
Sutro Biopharma, Inc. is looking for a Scientist to join our Analytical Development group to support mass spectrometry and chromatography assay development for monoclonal antibodies, bispecific antibodies, cytokines, and antibody drug conjugates.
- Develop new mass spectrometry and chromatography assays for characterization of recombinant proteins and conjugates.
- Perform testing to support upstream/downstream development, formulation development and manufacturing.
- Qualify assays, support technology transfer to Sutro QC and contract testing laboratories.
- Author and review SOPs, protocols and technical reports.
- Work collaboratively within Analytical Development, other functional areas, external partners and CMOs.
- Perform routine maintenance, troubleshoot mass spectrometers and HPLCs.
- PhD in analytical chemistry, biochemistry, molecular biology or related scientific field and 2+ years of industry experience in the characterization of large molecule biologics is required OR
- BS/MS in analytical chemistry, biochemistry, molecular biology or related scientific field and 6+ years of industry experience in the characterization of large molecule biologics is required.
- Requires expertise in protein mass spectrometry (intact/reduced mass analysis, peptide mapping) including sample preparation, data acquisition and data analysis.
- Thorough understanding of protein separation methods combined with the experience in developing assays is essential, qualifying and transferring assays to QC environment is desired.
- Expertise in operation, maintenance of mass spectrometers and HPLCs is highly preferred.
- Knowledge of additional analytical assays such as icIEF, capillary electrophoresis and activity assays is desirable.
- Experience with automated liquid handlers is desirable.
- Demonstrated leadership ability, including a commitment to mentorship and development of personnel.
- Flexibility to work on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment is essential.
- Good communication skills are essential.
Sutro provides a competitive benefits package that includes a choice of health, dental, and vision insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, 401K plan, PTO, ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Plan) and stock options.
Sutro Biopharma is committed to the diversity of our team and we are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.
Salaries listed on jobsites may not be representative of salary ranges at Sutro Biopharma.
Please be advised, inquiries or resumes from recruiters will not be accepted.