Scientist, Cell Biology (South San Francisco, CA)
Sutro Biopharma, Inc. is looking for a talented and energetic team player to help drive preclinical advancement of our drug portfolios within the Immunobiology/Cell Biology group.
This Scientist position will be responsible for developing in vitro cell assays with the goal of advancing leads to the clinic. The individual will be expected to:
- Design and execute cell-based assays (including multi-color flow cytometry and ELISA) to assess potency and specificity of antibody-drug conjugates (ADC), engineered cytokines and bispecific antibodies drug candidates
- Analyze, interpretate and summarize experimental data, communicate key scientific data at group meetings and project team meetings
- Create detailed experimental protocols and maintain clear and accurate lab notebooks
- Work collaboratively with biologists and protein engineers from other functional groups
- Write documents for internal project reviews as well as IND filings
- Ph.D degree in Immunology, Cell Biology or related field with at least 5 years of drug discovery experience, preferred in an industrial setting
- Experience with design, development and analysis of primary immune cell and cell line-based assays
- Hands on experience with cell based medium to high through put assay design and development
- Hands on experience with multi-color flow cytometry
- Proficiency in the use of software tools to support data analysis tasks (e.g., Prism, FlowJo, and Excel)
- Previous experience managing direct reports and lab operations preferred
- Must be highly motivated to work in a fast-paced, highly dynamic environment
- Clear and professional verbal and written communication skills
Sound exciting? Apply today and join our team!
Sutro provides a competitive benefits package that includes a choice of health, dental, and vision insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, 401K plan, PTO, ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Plan) and stock options.
As an equal opportunity employer, we believe in fostering a culture that is inclusive and values diversity in background and opinions. Sutro Biopharma hires extraordinary individuals into every position in the company and is committed to the diversity of our team. Our company progresses without regard of race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, religious belief, age, disability or citizenship status. We are dedicated to creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and succeed together.
Salaries listed on jobsites may not be representative of salary ranges at Sutro Biopharma.
Please be advised, inquiries or resumes from recruiters will not be accepted.
Sutro Biopharma, Inc., located in South San Francisco, is a clinical-stage drug discovery, development and manufacturing company. Using precise protein engineering and rational design, Sutro is advancing next-generation oncology therapeutics.
Sutro is dedicated to transforming the lives of cancer patients by creating medicines with improved therapeutic profiles for areas of unmet need. To date, Sutro’s platform has led to cytokine-based immuno-oncology therapies, ADCs, vaccines and bispecific antibodies directed at precedented targets in clinical indications where the current standard of care is suboptimal.
The platform allows it to accelerate discovery and development of potential first-in-class and best-in-class molecules through rapid and systematic evaluation of protein structure-activity relationships to create optimized homogeneous product candidates.
In addition to developing its own oncology pipeline, Sutro is collaborating with select pharmaceutical and biotech companies to discover and develop novel, next-generation therapeutics. As the pace of clinical development accelerates, Sutro and its partners are developing therapeutics designed to more efficiently kill tumors without harming healthy cells.