Sutro has a unique capability that enables new molecular entities to be designed using a hybrid of synthetic and recombinant technologies to create best in class therapeutics in the oncology and auto-immune disease space. Our portfolio includes antibody-drug conjugates, bispecific antibodies, cytokine derivatives and other novel immuno-stimulatory approaches.
Sutro Biopharma, Inc. is looking for an energetic and talented Scientist to join the medicinal chemistry group. You will be working to develop new processes to maximize our technology and enhance our internal and collaborative product development initiatives in a fast-paced environment.
- Synthesize novel small-molecule anti-cancer drugs, linkers, and linker-payloads with functionalities suitable for covalent site-specific conjugation to proteins.
- Working within the team to help identify the most promising candidate linker payloads while taking the steps required to progress these toward pre-clinical evaluations.
- Execute procedures from standard ACS-style experimental descriptions and work independently, while still receiving direction and support from your supervisor and teammates.
- Engage in cross functional teamwork, including computational-, analytical- and biochemical chemists, to execute research projects.
- Apply modern techniques of solution- and solid-phase organic synthesis including a variety of organic reactions at several scales, microwave chemistry, inert atmosphere techniques.
- Participate in general laboratory and chemistry responsibilities, compound registration and small molecule (reagent) cataloging.
- Contribute to patent application writing and research reports.
- Maintain an easily comprehended laboratory notebook and a record of the chemical analyses of all synthetic compounds, both intermediates and final products.
- Ph.D. in organic chemistry with strong emphasis on multistep organic synthesis, preferably with total synthesis background
- Experience in modern synthetic organic chemistry techniques, designing new synthetic routes for biologically active molecules and carrying out multi-step synthesis in milligram to multi-gram scale.
- Hands-on experience with purification techniques (normal and reverse phase chromatography, crystallization).
- Hands-on experience with analytical and purification instruments (HPLC, LC-MS, flash chromatography and NMR, etc.).
- Good lab notebook and writing skills.
- Familiarity with chemistry software such as SciFinder.
- Good problem-solving skills and a strong sense of teamwork.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are essential.
Sutro provides a competitive benefits package that includes a choice of health, dental, and vision insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, 401K plan, PTO, ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Plan) and stock options.
Sutro Biopharma is committed to the diversity of our team and we are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.
Salaries listed on jobsites may not be representative of salary ranges at Sutro Biopharma.
Please be advised, inquiries or resumes from recruiters will not be accepted.