Scientist, Immune Cell Biology
Sutro has a unique capability that enables new molecular entities to be designed using a hybrid of synthetic and recombinant technologies to create best in class therapeutics in the oncology and auto-immune disease space. Our portfolio includes antibody-drug conjugates, bispecific antibodies, cytokine derivatives and other novel immuno-stimulatory approaches.
Sutro Biopharma, Inc. is looking for energetic and talented scientist to join its cell biology group under immunobiology research team. This position offers a unique opportunity to participate and support multiple projects from different therapeutic areas in a dynamic and fast-paced working environment.
This individual will independently develop and conduct in vitro biochemical and cell based assays with cancer cell lines, primary cells, as well as human and animal blood cells. He/ She will design new assays based on project requirement, accurately document findings, analyze data and communicate key scientific data to internal, external meetings. This individual will also be responsible for preparing documents for IND filings. The successful candidate will play a key role in evaluating, validating and advancing our novel drugs into clinic.
- Ph.D. degree with a minimum of 2 years, MS degree with 5+ years, or BS degree with more than 10 years of relevant industry experience
- Immunology or immune oncology experience is required
- Expertise in cell culture of mammalian cell lines and primary cells (including human blood cells),
- Expertise in cell-based assays such as flow cytometry (multiple colors), multiplex cytokine analysis, cellular cytotoxicity and proliferation
- Expertise in using standard statistical software programs (Prism) to accurately report
- Experience with biochemical assays (ELISA, IP, westernblot).
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, troubleshoot, think critically, and interpret data
- Highly self-motivated and work successfully in cross-functional teams
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Sutro provides a competitive benefits package that includes a choice of health, dental, and vision insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, 401K plan, PTO, ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Plan) and stock options.
Sutro Biopharma is committed to the diversity of our team and we are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.
Salaries listed on jobsites may not be representative of salary ranges at Sutro Biopharma.
Please be advised, inquiries or resumes from recruiters will not be accepted.