Scientist, Immune Cell Biology
Sutro has a unique capability that enables new molecular entities to be designed using a hybrid of synthetic and recombinant technologies to create best in class therapeutics in the oncology and auto-immune disease space. Our portfolio includes antibody-drug conjugates, bispecific antibodies, cytokine derivatives and other novel immuno-stimulatory approaches.
Sutro is looking for an energetic and talented PhD level Immunologist to join its immunobiology research team. This position offers a unique opportunity to participate and support multiple discovery research and development projects from different therapeutic areas in a dynamic and fast-paced working environment.
- Independently develop and conduct immune based in vitro biochemical and cell-based assays with cancer cell lines, primary cells, as well as human and animal blood cells
- Design new assays based on project requirement
- Accurately document findings
- Analyze data and communicate key scientific data to internal and external meetings
- An in-depth understanding of the immune system and mechanisms of immune based therapies is required
- Responsible for preparing documents for IND filings
- Play a key role in evaluating, validating, and advancing our novel drugs into clinic
- D. degree with a minimum of 2 years, MS degree with 5+ years, or BS degree with more than 10 years of relevant industry experience
- Strong immunology or immuno-oncology experience is required
- Expertise in cell culture of mammalian cell lines and primary cells (including human blood cells)
- Expertise in cell-based assays such as flow cytometry (multiple colors), multiplex cytokine analysis, cellular cytotoxicity, and proliferation; IHC or IF experience a plus
- Expertise in using standard statistical software programs (Prism) to accurately report conclusions
- Experience with biochemical assays (ELISA, IP, western blot, EliSpot)
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, troubleshoot, think critically, and interpret data
- Highly self-motivated and work successfully in cross-functional teams
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Sutro provides a competitive benefits package that includes a choice of health, dental, and vision insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, 401K plan, PTO, ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Plan) and stock options.
Sutro Biopharma is committed to the diversity of our team and we are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.
Salaries listed on jobsites may not be representative of salary ranges at Sutro Biopharma.
Please be advised, inquiries or resumes from recruiters will not be accepted.