Scientist, Protein Analytics (South San Francisco, CA)
Sutro Biopharma, Inc. is seeking a highly motivated individual with background in protein analytics to join the Protein Biochemistry Group in Research. The successful candidate will help building protein analytics function in Research to evaluate developability of lead molecules. The role will support chromatographic assay development for and characterization of antibodies, cytokines, and antibody drug conjugates. While collaborating with cross-functional departments, the successful candidate will play a key role in maximizing our technology and progressing our novel therapeutics.
- Contribute to building Research protein analytics function
- Transfer and evaluate existing platform assays
- Develop chromatographic assays to characterize proteins and their conjugates
- Perform testing to support developability studies
- Provide scientific input on protein production and analysis
- Assist in evaluating new technologies to stay at the cutting edge of biologics discovery, production, and analysis
- Work collaboratively within Research, Analytical Development, and external partners.
- Represent PBC group to present findings and make recommendations in project meetings
- Perform routine maintenance and troubleshoot instrumentation.
- PhD in analytical chemistry, biochemistry, molecular biology, or a related field with 1 to 3 years of industry experience; BS/MS in chemical biology, biochemistry, chemistry, molecular biology, or a related field with over 6 years of experience in characterizing large molecules
- Expertise in analytical chromatography and electrophoresis of recombinant proteins modes including SEC, IEC, HIC, RPLC, icIEF, and CE-SDS.
- Knowledge of mass spectrometry is highly preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, learn and optimize new conjugation technique.
- Flexibility to work on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment is essential
- Ability to prioritize work assignment, and consistently perform assigned tasks.
Sound exciting? Apply today and join our team!
Sutro Biopharma, Inc. requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Sutro will consider requests for reasonable accommodations.
Sutro provides a competitive benefits package that includes a choice of health, dental, and vision insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, 401K plan, PTO, ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Plan) and stock options.
As an equal opportunity employer, we believe in fostering a culture that is inclusive and values diversity in background and opinions. Sutro Biopharma hires extraordinary individuals into every position in the company and is committed to the diversity of our team. Our company progresses without regard of race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, religious belief, age, disability, or citizenship status. We are dedicated to creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and succeed together.
Salaries listed on jobsites may not be representative of salary ranges at Sutro Biopharma.
We look forward to hearing from candidates who are interested in exploring opportunities with Sutro! Our People & Culture team/hiring managers are unable to respond and do not accept solicitations from third-party agencies.
Sutro Biopharma, Inc., located in South San Francisco, is a clinical-stage drug discovery, development, and manufacturing company. Using precise protein engineering and rational design, Sutro is advancing next-generation oncology therapeutics.
Sutro is dedicated to transforming the lives of cancer patients by creating medicines with improved therapeutic profiles for areas of unmet need. To date, Sutro’s platform has led to cytokine-based immuno-oncology therapies, ADCs, vaccines, and bispecific antibodies directed at precedented targets in clinical indications where the current standard of care is suboptimal.
The platform allows it to accelerate discovery and development of potential first-in-class and best-in-class molecules through rapid and systematic evaluation of protein structure-activity relationships to create optimized homogeneous product candidates.
In addition to developing its own oncology pipeline, Sutro is collaborating with select pharmaceutical and biotech companies to discover and develop novel, next-generation therapeutics. As the pace of clinical development accelerates, Sutro and its partners are developing therapeutics designed to more efficiently kill tumors without harming healthy cells.