Scientist, Protein Engineering
Sutro has a unique capability that enables new molecular entities to be designed using a hybrid of synthetic and recombinant technologies to create best in class therapeutics in the oncology and auto-immune disease space. Our portfolio includes antibody-drug conjugates, bispecific antibodies, cytokine derivatives and other novel immuno-stimulatory approaches.
We are currently seeking a motivated and talented scientist to join our Protein Engineering team. As a member of our Discovery team, this scientist will have a unique opportunity to drive new technologies and engineer novel protein therapeutics in a collaborative and cross-functional team environment.
- Establish new technology for biologics discovery and engineering
- Design, construct, and select antibody or alternative scaffold libraries by phage or ribosome display
- Optimize lead antibody or protein candidates by affinity maturation, structure-guided designs, and in silico assessments
- Contribute to cross-functional project teams to ensure progress of protein engineering campaigns
- Document experimental results and communicate key findings at project team meetings
- PhD with 0-3 years research experience in Molecular Biology, Protein Engineering, or a related field
- Expertise in a wide range of molecular biology skills including PCR methods, vector design, and related software
- Capability to analyze high-throughput sequence datasets
- Understanding of structure-function protein relationships to guide protein engineering
- Previous experience with combinatorial library display methods (e.g. yeast, phage) and/or antibody discovery and engineering is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and think critically
- Highly self-motivated and capable of working successfully within a team environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Sutro provides a competitive benefits package that includes a choice of health, dental, and vision insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, 401K plan, PTO, ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Plan) and stock options.
Sutro Biopharma is committed to the diversity of our team and we are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.
Salaries listed on jobsites may not be representative of salary ranges at Sutro Biopharma.
Please be advised, inquiries or resumes from recruiters will not be accepted.