Scientist, Protein Engineering
Sutro Biopharma, Inc., located in South San Francisco, is a clinical-stage drug discovery, development and manufacturing company. Using precise protein engineering and rational design, Sutro is advancing next-generation oncology therapeutics.
Sutro is dedicated to transforming the lives of cancer patients by creating medicines with improved therapeutic profiles for areas of unmet need. To date, Sutro’s platform has led to cytokine-based immuno-oncology therapies, ADCs, vaccines and bispecific antibodies directed at precedented targets in clinical indications where the current standard of care is suboptimal.
The platform allows it to accelerate discovery and development of potential first-in-class and best-in-class molecules through rapid and systematic evaluation of protein structure-activity relationships to create optimized homogeneous product candidates.
In addition to developing its own oncology pipeline, Sutro is collaborating with select pharmaceutical and biotech companies to discover and develop novel, next-generation therapeutics. As the pace of clinical development accelerates, Sutro and its partners are developing therapeutics designed to more efficiently kill tumors without harming healthy cells.
Sutro Biopharma, Inc. is seeking a driven and talented individual to join our Protein Engineering team as we change the future of oncology. While collaborating with cross-functional departments, you will play a key role in maximizing our technology and progressing our novel therapeutics. We are dedicated to making a difference in the lives of patients, both as individuals and as part of a team.
- Establish new technology for biologics discovery and engineering
- Design, construct, and select antibody or alternative scaffold libraries by phage or ribosome display
- Optimize lead antibody or protein candidates by affinity maturation, structure-guided designs, and in silico assessments
- Contribute to cross-functional project teams to ensure progress of protein engineering campaigns
- Document experimental results and communicate key findings at project team meetings
- PhD with 0-3 years research experience in Molecular Biology, Protein Engineering, or a related field
- Expertise in a wide range of molecular biology skills including PCR methods, vector design, and related software
- Capability to analyze high-throughput sequence datasets
- Understanding of structure-function protein relationships to guide protein engineering
- Previous experience with combinatorial library display methods (e.g. yeast, phage) and/or antibody discovery and engineering is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and think critically
- Highly self-motivated and capable of working successfully within a team environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Sound exciting? Apply today and join our team!
Sutro provides a competitive benefits package that includes a choice of health, dental, and vision insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, 401K plan, PTO, ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Plan) and stock options.
As an equal opportunity employer, we believe in fostering a culture that is inclusive and values diversity in background and opinions. Sutro Biopharma hires extraordinary individuals into every position in the company and is committed to the diversity of our team. Our company progresses without regard of race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, religious belief, age, disability or citizenship status. We are dedicated to creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and succeed together.
Salaries listed on jobsites may not be representative of salary ranges at Sutro Biopharma.
Please be advised, inquiries or resumes from recruiters will not be accepted.