Scientist, Protein Expression and Analytics
Sutro Biopharma, Inc., located in South San Francisco, is a clinical-stage drug discovery, development, and manufacturing company. Using precise protein engineering and rational design, Sutro is advancing next-generation oncology therapeutics.
Sutro is dedicated to transforming the lives of cancer patients by creating medicines with improved therapeutic profiles for areas of unmet need. To date, Sutro’s platform has led to cytokine-based immuno-oncology therapies, ADCs, vaccines and bispecific antibodies directed at precedented targets in clinical indications where the current standard of care is suboptimal.
The platform allows it to accelerate discovery and development of potential first-in-class and best-in-class molecules through rapid and systematic evaluation of protein structure-activity relationships to create optimized homogeneous product candidates.
In addition to developing its own oncology pipeline, Sutro is collaborating with select pharmaceutical and biotech companies to discover and develop novel, next-generation therapeutics. As the pace of clinical development accelerates, Sutro and its partners are developing therapeutics designed to kill tumors more efficiently without harming healthy cells.
Sutro Biopharma, Inc. is seeking a driven and talented individual to join our Research team as we change the future of oncology. While collaborating with cross-functional departments, you will play a key role in maximizing our technology and progressing our novel therapeutics. We are dedicated to making a difference in the lives of patients, both as individuals and as part of a team.
- Collaborate with scientists from cross-functional groups to identify lead panel of protein therapeutic candidates to support Sutro’s therapeutic pipeline development.
- Expertise in protein analysis including but not limited to LCMS to support Strain Engineering Group and improve Sutro’s core technology, in vitro cell free expression platform at the stage of transcription, translation, and protein folding.
- Design and execute analytical experiments to characterize protein of interest at the intact and peptide level.
- Validate protein expression and conjugation methods appropriate to the scale.
- Fulfill material requests to support lead discovery efforts.
- PhD in biochemistry, molecular biology, metabolic engineering, or a related field with 0 to 3 years of experience; BS/MS in biochemistry, molecular biology, metabolic
- engineering, or related field with over 6 years of experience. Experience in industrial setting is desirable but not required.
- Required experience in analytical methods applied to proteins like HPLC analysis using SEC, HIC, CIEX, or RP.
- Required experience in spectrometry in protein analysis.
- Experience working with in vivo or in vitro protein expression.
- Expert knowledge in small molecule, peptide, or protein to protein conjugation.
- Expertise of microbial metabolism is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to think critically and to work on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
Sound exciting? Apply today and join our team!
Sutro provides a competitive benefits package that includes a choice of health, dental, and vision insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, 401K plan, PTO, ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Plan) and stock options.
As an equal opportunity employer, we believe in fostering a culture that is inclusive and values diversity in background and opinions. Sutro Biopharma hires extraordinary individuals into every position in the company and is committed to the diversity of our team. Our company progresses without regard of race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, religious belief, age, disability or citizenship status. We are dedicated to creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and succeed together.
Salaries listed on jobsites may not be representative of salary ranges at Sutro Biopharma.
Please be advised, inquiries or resumes from recruiters will not be accepted.