Scientist, Protein LCMS Analysis
Sutro Biopharma, Inc., located in South San Francisco, is a clinical-stage drug discovery, development, and manufacturing company. Using precise protein engineering and rational design, Sutro is advancing next-generation oncology therapeutics.
Sutro is dedicated to transforming the lives of cancer patients by creating medicines with improved therapeutic profiles for areas of unmet need. To date, Sutro’s platform has led to cytokine-based immuno-oncology therapies, ADCs, vaccines and bispecific antibodies directed at precedented targets in clinical indications where the current standard of care is suboptimal.
The platform allows it to accelerate discovery and development of potential first-in-class and best-in-class molecules through rapid and systematic evaluation of protein structure-activity relationships to create optimized homogeneous product candidates.
In addition to developing its own oncology pipeline, Sutro is collaborating with select pharmaceutical and biotech companies to discover and develop novel, next-generation therapeutics. As the pace of clinical development accelerates, Sutro and its partners are developing therapeutics designed to kill tumors more efficiently without harming healthy cells.
Sutro Biopharma, Inc. is seeking a driven and talented individual to join our Research team as we change the future of oncology. While collaborating with cross-functional departments, you will play a key role in maximizing our technology and progressing our novel therapeutics. We are dedicated to making a difference in the lives of patients, both as individuals and as part of a team.
- Characterize therapeutic proteins e.g., monoclonal antibody, antibody drug conjugate, and cytokine using mass spectrometry, including intact, reduced LC-MS and peptide mapping LC-MS/MS workflow.
- Analyze antibody conjugates to determine antibody to drug ratio (DAR) to characterize linker-payload stability
- Perform disulfide bond analysis at intact and peptide level to characterize product quality.
- Develop process to enable high throughput LCMS runs and data analysis.
- Expand protein characterization capability using mass spectrometry-based approach and other analytical tools to support lead discovery and platform development in Research.
- Collaborate across groups and present key data to relevant stakeholders
- BSc with 5+ years of experience; MSc with 3+ years of experience or PhD with 1+ year of experience in biotech or pharma
- Working experience with protein characterization such as intact protein analysis or peptide mapping
- Experience with protein metrics is a plus
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to think critically and to work on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
Sound exciting? Apply today and join our team!
Sutro provides a competitive benefits package that includes a choice of health, dental, and vision insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, 401K plan, PTO, ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Plan) and stock options.
As an equal opportunity employer, we believe in fostering a culture that is inclusive and values diversity in background and opinions. Sutro Biopharma hires extraordinary individuals into every position in the company and is committed to the diversity of our team. Our company progresses without regard of race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, religious belief, age, disability or citizenship status. We are dedicated to creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and succeed together.
Salaries listed on jobsites may not be representative of salary ranges at Sutro Biopharma.
Please be advised, inquiries or resumes from recruiters will not be accepted.