Senior Accountant (South San Francisco, CA)
Sutro Biopharma, Inc. is seeking a motivated and talented Senior Accountant to join a team of professionals in a fast-paced, high-growth environment. This individual will support the Accounting Manager in processing day-to-day general accounting transactions while ensuring US GAAP and SOX 404b compliance and best practices.
- Review general ledger accounts and prepare monthly journal entries including but not limited to fixed assets transaction, and prepaid expenses amortization
- Perform account analyses and reconciliations for multiple balance sheet accounts, including analysis of tax data from accounting system to ensure that the proper use tax is collected and reflected on tax returns and supporting documentation
- Bank transactions accounting, analysis, and monthly reconciliation
- Analyze, compile and post monthly, quarterly, and annual accruals
- Maintain general ledger chart of accounts
- Ensure compliance with SOX 404b through continuing evaluation of the internal controls over financial reporting for the areas of responsibility
- Assist with support for the SEC filings 10Q/10K
- Assist with audit support preparations for the external and internal audit purposes
- BS/BA in Accounting or Finance; CPA a plus; solid working knowledge of GAAP
- Cost accounting experience a plus
- Minimum 3 years of experience in the field, either in public accounting or public biotech companies, or both
- Strong technology experience, including proficiency with Excel and with ERP systems (D365 a plus)
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, troubleshoot, think critically, and interpret data
- Highly self-motivated and capable of working successfully within a team environment
- Detail oriented, highly organized; able to work independently
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Sound exciting? Apply today and join our team!
Sutro provides a competitive benefits package that includes a choice of health, dental, and vision insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, 401K plan, PTO, ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Plan) and stock options.
As an equal opportunity employer, we believe in fostering a culture that is inclusive and values diversity in background and opinions. Sutro Biopharma hires extraordinary individuals into every position in the company and is committed to the diversity of our team. Our company progresses without regard of race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, religious belief, age, disability or citizenship status. We are dedicated to creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and succeed together.
Salaries listed on jobsites may not be representative of salary ranges at Sutro Biopharma.
Please be advised, inquiries or resumes from recruiters will not be accepted.
Sutro Biopharma, Inc., located in South San Francisco, is a clinical-stage drug discovery, development and manufacturing company. Using precise protein engineering and rational design, Sutro is advancing next-generation oncology therapeutics.
Sutro is dedicated to transforming the lives of cancer patients by creating medicines with improved therapeutic profiles for areas of unmet need. To date, Sutro’s platform has led to cytokine-based immuno-oncology therapies, ADCs, vaccines and bispecific antibodies directed at precedented targets in clinical indications where the current standard of care is suboptimal.
The platform allows it to accelerate discovery and development of potential first-in-class and best-in-class molecules through rapid and systematic evaluation of protein structure-activity relationships to create optimized homogeneous product candidates.
In addition to developing its own oncology pipeline, Sutro is collaborating with select pharmaceutical and biotech companies to discover and develop novel, next-generation therapeutics. As the pace of clinical development accelerates, Sutro and its partners are developing therapeutics designed to more efficiently kill tumors without harming healthy cells.