Sutro has a unique capability that enables new molecular entities to be designed using a hybrid of synthetic and recombinant technologies to create best in class therapeutics in the oncology and auto-immune disease space. Our portfolio includes antibody-drug conjugates, bispecific antibodies, cytokine derivatives and other novel immuno-stimulatory approaches.
Sutro Biopharma, Inc. is looking for energetic and talented Senior Accountant to join a team of professionals in a fast-paced, high-growth environment. This individual will support the Accounting Manager in processing day-to-day general accounting transactions while ensuring US GAAP and SOX 404b compliance and best practices.
- Review general ledger accounts and prepare monthly journal entries including fixed assets depreciation and prepaids amortization.
- Perform account analyses and reconciliations, including bank statement reconciliation and analysis of sales tax data from billing system, to ensure that the proper tax is collected and reflected on tax returns and supporting documentation.
- Maintain general ledger chart of accounts.
- Assist with internal control evaluations.
- Post monthly, quarterly and yearly accruals.
- Assist with audit preparations.
- Work with Manufacturing personnel to establish necessary systems and/or processes to accurately capture the fully burdened costs of internally manufactured product materials.
- BS/BA in Accounting or Finance; CPA a plus; solid working knowledge of GAAP.
- Cost accounting experience a plus.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in the field, either in public accounting or public biotech companies, or both.
- Strong technology experience, including proficiency with Excel and with ERP systems (D365 a plus).
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, troubleshoot, think critically, and interpret data.
- Highly self-motivated and capable of working successfully within a team environment.
- Detail oriented, highly organized; able to work independently.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Sutro provides a competitive benefits package that includes a choice of health, dental, and vision insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, 401K plan, PTO, ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Plan) and stock options.
Sutro Biopharma is committed to the diversity of our team and we are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.
Salaries listed on jobsites may not be representative of salary ranges at Sutro Biopharma.
Please be advised, inquiries or resumes from recruiters will not be accepted.