Senior Buyer Planner
Sutro Biopharma, Inc., located in South San Francisco, is a clinical-stage drug discovery, development, and manufacturing company. Using precise protein engineering and rational design, Sutro is advancing next-generation oncology therapeutics.
Sutro is dedicated to transforming the lives of cancer patients by creating medicines with improved therapeutic profiles for areas of unmet need. To date, Sutro’s platform has led to cytokine-based immuno-oncology therapies, ADCs, vaccines, and bispecific antibodies directed at precedented targets in clinical indications where the current standard of care is suboptimal.
The platform allows it to accelerate discovery and development of potential first-in-class and best-in-class molecules through rapid and systematic evaluation of protein structure-activity relationships to create optimized homogeneous product candidates.
In addition to developing its own oncology pipeline, Sutro is collaborating with select pharmaceutical and biotech companies to discover and develop novel, next-generation therapeutics. As the pace of clinical development accelerates, Sutro and its partners are developing therapeutics designed to more efficiently kill tumors without harming healthy cells.
Sutro Biopharma, Inc. is seeking a driven and talented individual to join our Manufacturing team as we change the future of oncology. While collaborating with cross-functional departments, you will play a key role in maximizing our technology and progressing our novel therapeutics. We are dedicated to making a difference in the lives of patients, both as individuals and as part of a team.
- Procure direct and indirect materials & services required for use in manufacturing under cGMP controls and processes.
- Establish and maintain effective supplier relationships, including but not limited to negotiating prices based on frequency, quantity, and capacity, managing issues resolution, and delivering in a timely manner.
- Determine and negotiate crucial supplier terms and conditions.
- Drive and manage cost saving initiatives to reduce price of goods and optimize savings.
- Manage, track, and report our supplier key performance indicators (on-time delivery, cost quality, and innovation).
- Invoice issue management and mitigation.
- Execute sourcing strategies to ensure continuity of supply.
- Manage service level agreements.
- Oversee bidding processes for capital expenditures while establishing bid criteria and strategies.
- Mandatory experience of MRP and E-Procurement.
- Required Bachelor’s degree in business or science-related discipline or equivalent experience.
- Preferred 5+ years of procurement-related experience in a cGMP regulated manufacturing environment and in production planning.
- Relevant Quality Systems experience, including Supplier and CTO/CRQ Management, Change Control, Document Control, Training and Release.
- Demonstrated ability to work accurately, handle multiple developments, and follow instructions, schedules, and timelines.
- Experience managing the competitive bidding process (RFQ, RFP, RFX).
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate with others in a positive spirit.
- Ability to operate in a project and production-based organization with strict timelines and frequent priority changes.
- Balanced decision-making that demonstrates critical thinking.
- Highly analytical, detail-oriented, and organized.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint, and Visio.
Sound exciting? Apply today and join our team!
Sutro provides a competitive benefits package that includes a choice of health, dental, and vision insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, 401K plan, PTO, ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Plan) and stock options.
As an equal opportunity employer, we believe in fostering a culture that is inclusive and values diversity in background and opinions. Sutro Biopharma hires extraordinary individuals into every position in the company and is committed to the diversity of our team. Our company progresses without regard of race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, religious belief, age, disability or citizenship status. We are dedicated to creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and succeed together.
Salaries listed on jobsites may not be representative of salary ranges at Sutro Biopharma.
Please be advised, inquiries or resumes from recruiters will not be accepted.