Senior Director, Bioanalytics (South San Francisco, CA)
Sutro Biopharma, Inc. is looking for visionary, energetic and talented Bioanalytical Scientist reporting into the VP Preclinical Development. The individual will implement state-of-the-art bioanalytical technologies, related to mass spectrometry and ligan binding assays, to support in-vitro and in-vivo experiments. Guides and oversees in-vitro ADME studies. The individual brings experience with working on complex molecules such polymer conjugated proteins, antibody-drug conjugates, and small molecules. Fosters strong collaborations with DMPK, Pharmacology, Medicinal and Protein Chemistry, Toxicology, and regulatory. Mentors and manages subject matter experts in ADME and bioanalytical sciences.
- Recruits for and builds an innovative and high performing BA function
- Identifies, recommends, and procures the necessary equipment to generate state of the art bioanalytical data
- Implements BA methods to measure concentration levels of antibodies, antibody-drug conjugates, proteins, PEGylated molecules, and small molecules in various matrices
- Outsources and/or implements as appropriate in-vitro ADME assays to advance
- Molecules from early concept through lead optimization to IND enabling studies
- Establishes and manages CRO relationships as the principal investigator on studies
- Guides and advises staff members to be effective functional representatives on project teams
- Identifies key questions and proposes stage appropriate in-vitro ADME experiments to address the issues
- Ensure successful methods transfer of nGLP BA methods for subsequent validation
- Participates in protocol generation for PK-PD and toxicology studies and advises on BA requirements
- Authors BA reports for IND modules, patent applications and publications
- Supports business development with documentation, data and participates in due diligences
- Ph.D. in the field of PK/ADME, analytical chemistry or related with a minimum of 15 years of relevant industry experience (biologics & small molecules)
- Track record of developing, optimizing quantitative BA methods, structural elucidations of small molecules, macromolecules, and biologics
- Being resourceful is a requirement
- Expert in in-vitro ADME assays and data interpretation
- Demonstrated leadership, mentorship, and people management
- Working experience with ADC, PEGylated molecules, and in immuno-oncology
- Experience with databases, Laboratory Information Management Systems, and common analytical software packages
- Familiar with PK analysis and interpretations
- Experience managing CRO’s
- Familiar with relevant FDA guidance’s and ICH documents
- A track record of writing technical reports to support regulatory filing, patent applications and publications
Sound exciting? Apply today and join our team!
Sutro provides a competitive benefits package that includes a choice of health, dental, and vision insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, 401K plan, PTO, ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Plan) and stock options.
As an equal opportunity employer, we believe in fostering a culture that is inclusive and values diversity in background and opinions. Sutro Biopharma hires extraordinary individuals into every position in the company and is committed to the diversity of our team. Our company progresses without regard of race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, religious belief, age, disability or citizenship status. We are dedicated to creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and succeed together.
Salaries listed on jobsites may not be representative of salary ranges at Sutro Biopharma.
Please be advised, inquiries or resumes from recruiters will not be accepted.
Sutro Biopharma, Inc., located in South San Francisco, is a clinical-stage drug discovery, development and manufacturing company. Using precise protein engineering and rational design, Sutro is advancing next-generation oncology therapeutics.
Sutro is dedicated to transforming the lives of cancer patients by creating medicines with improved therapeutic profiles for areas of unmet need. To date, Sutro’s platform has led to cytokine-based immuno-oncology therapies, ADCs, vaccines and bispecific antibodies directed at precedented targets in clinical indications where the current standard of care is suboptimal.
The platform allows it to accelerate discovery and development of potential first-in-class and best-in-class molecules through rapid and systematic evaluation of protein structure-activity relationships to create optimized homogeneous product candidates.
In addition to developing its own oncology pipeline, Sutro is collaborating with select pharmaceutical and biotech companies to discover and develop novel, next-generation therapeutics. As the pace of clinical development accelerates, Sutro and its partners are developing therapeutics designed to more efficiently kill tumors without harming healthy cells.