Senior Director, Business Development (South San Francisco, CA)
Sutro Biopharma, Inc. is seeking a driven and talented individual to join our Business Development team as we change the future of oncology. While collaborating with cross-functional departments, you will play a key role in maximizing our technology and progressing our novel therapeutics. We are dedicated to making a difference in the lives of patients, both as individuals and as part of a team.
The Senior Director, Business Development will provide strong business input to the Sutro business development activities including in-licensing, out-licensing, mergers/acquisitions and alliance management. You will ensure that Sutro pursues product opportunities that are directed at key unmet medical needs, fit within the company’s strategy and are commercially viable.
- Support business development activities with key analytical and partner interaction contributions
- Perform market/financial and valuation analysis in support of licensing activities
- Prepare term sheets and licensing agreements
- Support contract negotiations
- Attend partnering meetings and other industry conferences
- Assist in performance of alliance management activities
- Support efforts to help drive the commercial assessment of potential licensing and/or M&A activities.
- Provide leadership in support of business objectives
- Provide in-depth market assessments
- Utilize knowledge and experience to assess, prioritize, plan and implement strategic projects
- Perform market research to assess market opportunities
- Provide input on unmet medical needs, essential/desirable product characteristics, identify key commercial issues for optimal product advancement.
- Manage the portfolio assessment process
- Responsible for economic and market positioning aspects of the portfolio assessment
- Develop and implement effective portfolio decision analysis approaches
- Implement portfolio competitive intelligence gathering and review process.
- Proactively identify and bring forward new ideas for optimizing the portfolio and viewing external market benchmarks for insight to different approaches.
- BS, MS, or PhD in Lifesciences
- 10+ years of experience in the biopharmaceutical industry in business development. Possibly combined 5+ years of business development with research and development.
- Ability to early assess opportunities technically and scientifically.
- Experience working cross functionally leading teams to measurable outcomes.
- Must possess strong analytical, quantitative and communication skills.
- Thorough knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry, including experience in and understanding of drug discovery and development.
- Expertise in decision analysis and portfolio management techniques.
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and influencing skills including the ability to operate effectively in a team setting and to interact with a wide range of people across functional and seniority boundaries.
- Excellent verbal, written, financial analysis, and presentation skills required.
- Experience in financial analysis and modeling including risk-adjusted project valuation, strong strategic thinking and analytical skills, and a results-focus orientation.
- Must have high level of proficiency in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
Sound exciting? Apply today and join our team!
Sutro provides a competitive benefits package that includes a choice of health, dental, and vision insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, 401K plan, PTO, ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Plan) and stock options.
As an equal opportunity employer, we believe in fostering a culture that is inclusive and values diversity in background and opinions. Sutro Biopharma hires extraordinary individuals into every position in the company and is committed to the diversity of our team. Our company progresses without regard of race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, religious belief, age, disability or citizenship status. We are dedicated to creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and succeed together.
Salaries listed on jobsites may not be representative of salary ranges at Sutro Biopharma.
Please be advised, inquiries or resumes from recruiters will not be accepted.
Sutro Biopharma, Inc., located in South San Francisco, is a clinical-stage drug discovery, development and manufacturing company. Using precise protein engineering and rational design, Sutro is advancing next-generation oncology therapeutics.
Sutro is dedicated to transforming the lives of cancer patients by creating medicines with improved therapeutic profiles for areas of unmet need. To date, Sutro’s platform has led to cytokine-based immuno-oncology therapies, ADCs, vaccines and bispecific antibodies directed at precedented targets in clinical indications where the current standard of care is suboptimal.
The platform allows it to accelerate discovery and development of potential first-in-class and best-in-class molecules through rapid and systematic evaluation of protein structure-activity relationships to create optimized homogeneous product candidates.
In addition to developing its own oncology pipeline, Sutro is collaborating with select pharmaceutical and biotech companies to discover and develop novel, next-generation therapeutics. As the pace of clinical development accelerates, Sutro and its partners are developing therapeutics designed to more efficiently kill tumors without harming healthy cells.