Senior Engineer, Downstream Process Development
Sutro Biopharma, Inc. is looking for a technical leader who will report to the Senior Director of Downstream Process Development. You will be working to develop new downstream processes to maximize our technology and enhance our internal and collaborative product development initiatives in a fast-paced environment.
- Lead, mentor, coach and develop technical staff in all aspects of downstream process development, including protein purification, conjugation and new technology development.
- Design and develop efficient and effective downstream recovery and purification processes.
- New technology development
- Support authoring and review of relevant CMC sections of regulatory submissions (IND, INDa, BLA)
- Transfer downstream processes to Sutro’s manufacturing site, CMOs, and/or partner sites
- Represent Downstream Process Development on cross-functional teams
- Produce significant documents or publications (internal/external) supporting company policies and goals
- Present information and data in both written and verbal form
- BS, MS or PhD in chemical engineering, life sciences or equivalent with at least 10-12+ years (BS, MS) or 6-8+ years (PhD) of biopharmaceutical industry experience in protein purification (including multiple modes of chromatography, depth and membrane filtration and ultrafiltration/TFF). Extensive knowledge of product variant and process-related impurity removal strategies expected.
- Extensive experience in scaling up, transferring, and supporting purification processes from bench scale to pilot and/or commercial scale.
- Experience with statistical design of experiments, advanced data analysis, process validation and Quality by Design concepts.
- Experience with protein conjugation process chemistry and protein formulation is helpful, but not required.
- Strong ability in execution and driving for results independently.
- Detail oriented with good organizational skills and able to work in a high paced team environment to meet deadlines and prioritize work on multiple projects.
- At least 3+ years of experience supervising technical staff with strong management and leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and the ability to build and maintain relationships with team members, partners, customers, and collaborators.
Sutro provides a competitive benefits package that includes a choice of health, dental, and vision insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, 401K plan, PTO, and stock options.
Please be advised, inquiries or resumes from recruiters will not be accepted.