Senior Procurement & Vendor Management Specialist (San Carlos, CA)
Sutro Biopharma, Inc. is seeking an energetic and talented procurement professional to join Planning, Materials & Logistics responsible for indirect procurement, open order management, invoice issue resolution, management of the San Carlos RFX process, Service Contracts Management and Supplier DE&I Program development, execution, and management. The ideal candidate will be supporting indirect site procurement processes with close collaboration of cross-functional departments and play a key role in maximizing our efficiency & compliance to SOX with indirect procurement categories. We are dedicated to making a difference in the lives of patients, both as individuals and as part of a team. The position will be based in Sutro’s, San Carlos, CA Manufacturing site.
- Procure and manage indirect materials & services as required by the manufacturing site in San Carlos.
- Establish and maintain effective indirect material supplier relationships, including but not limited to negotiating prices and contract terms/conditions.
- Develop an integrated (tactical and strategic) category sourcing strategy that will deliver strong business values, and drives category transformation
- Participate in defining Strategic Planning, Materials and Logistics goals and objectives
- Responsible for preparation & issuance of Request for Proposals/Request for Quotes (RFP/RFQs), researching and evaluating qualifications of procurement sources, prepare detailed evaluations of the proposals, negotiating material to target costs with an emphasis on diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging (DEIB)
- Oversee bidding processes for capital expenditures while establishing bid criteria and strategies.
- Manage the New Supplier Prospect process for San Carlos and holistically provide support to enable SSF to leverage our process
- Work with cross-functional teams to establish and manage Master Service Agreements (MSAs) and where applicable ensuring that certificates of liability are in place, as required
- Define, execute, and manage a Supplier Diversity and Sustainability Program
- Proactively seek and lead innovative ways to improve the procurement process for indirect materials
- Invoice issue resolution for indirect material suppliers
- Procurement project management, meeting timelines and managing tasks
- Models continuous improvement behaviors, team relations, on-time work execution, and customer satisfaction
- Responsible for cGMP compliance, where appropriate, by defining, implementing and maintaining appropriate SOP’s and training
- Mandatory experience of an ERP system and E-Procurement.
- Required Bachelor’s degree in business or science-related discipline or equivalent experience.
- Preferred 5+ years of procurement-related experience in a cGMP regulated manufacturing environment.
- Relevant Quality Systems experience, including Supplier Management, Change Control, Document Control, Training and Release.
- Ability to negotiate pricing and contract terms and conditions that mitigate risks
- Demonstrated ability to work accurately, handle multiple developments, and follow instructions, schedules, and timelines.
- Understanding and support of the competitive bidding process (RFQ, RFP, RFX).
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate with others in a positive spirit.
- Ability to operate in a project and production-based organization with strict timelines and frequent priority changes.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Sound exciting? Apply today and join our team!
Sutro Biopharma, Inc. requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Sutro will consider requests for reasonable accommodations.
Sutro provides a competitive benefits package that includes a choice of health, dental, and vision insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, 401K plan, PTO, ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Plan) and stock options.
As an equal opportunity employer, we believe in fostering a culture that is inclusive and values diversity in background and opinions. Sutro Biopharma hires extraordinary individuals into every position in the company and is committed to the diversity of our team. Our company progresses without regard of race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, religious belief, age, disability, or citizenship status. We are dedicated to creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and succeed together.
Salaries listed on jobsites may not be representative of salary ranges at Sutro Biopharma.
We look forward to hearing from candidates who are interested in exploring opportunities with Sutro! Our People & Culture team/hiring managers are unable to respond and do not accept solicitations from third-party agencies.
Sutro Biopharma, Inc., located in South San Francisco, is a clinical-stage drug discovery, development, and manufacturing company. Using precise protein engineering and rational design, Sutro is advancing next-generation oncology therapeutics.
Sutro is dedicated to transforming the lives of cancer patients by creating medicines with improved therapeutic profiles for areas of unmet need. To date, Sutro’s platform has led to cytokine-based immuno-oncology therapies, ADCs, vaccines, and bispecific antibodies directed at precedented targets in clinical indications where the current standard of care is suboptimal.
The platform allows it to accelerate discovery and development of potential first-in-class and best-in-class molecules through rapid and systematic evaluation of protein structure-activity relationships to create optimized homogeneous product candidates.
In addition to developing its own oncology pipeline, Sutro is collaborating with select pharmaceutical and biotech companies to discover and develop novel, next-generation therapeutics. As the pace of clinical development accelerates, Sutro and its partners are developing therapeutics designed to more efficiently kill tumors without harming healthy cells.