Senior Research Associate, Cell Biology (South San Francisco, CA)
Sutro Biopharma, Inc. is looking for a self-motivated, highly organized team player to help drive preclinical advancement of our drug portfolios within the Cell Biology group.
- Organize and maintain lab inventories for reagents and consumables, and coordinate resource exchange with other groups
- Work collaboratively with different functional groups within Sutro, including facilities, IT, purchasing and safety to maintain a functional tissue culture facility and key lab machines, including FACS machines and Biomek
- Cell line purchasing, expansion, authentication, and banking
- Execute routine cell-based assays, including cell proliferation, flow cytometry-based cell binding, and reporter assays
- Evaluate potency and specificity of Sutro drugs using cell-based assays and working with cross-functional teams to ensure a fully functional immunobiology lab
- Train lab personnel on tissue culture, lab equipment, and core assays
- Maintain detailed experimental protocols and lab notebooks
- Communicate key scientific data at group meetings and project team meetings
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology or related field with at least 4+ years of experience or a Master’s degree with 1+ years of experience in an academic and/or industrial setting
- Previous lab management experience is highly preferred.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent organization skills, highly efficient, with strong attention to detail
- Experience with cell culture with primary immune cell and cancer cell lines
- Proficiency in the use of software tools to support data analysis (e.g., Prism, FlowJo, and Excel)
- Hands on experience with flow cytometry and Biomek is preferred
- Comfortable in a fast-paced small company environment and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Sound exciting? Apply today and join our team!
Sutro Biopharma, Inc. requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Sutro will consider requests for reasonable accommodations.
Sutro provides a competitive benefits package that includes a choice of health, dental, and vision insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, 401K plan, PTO, ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Plan) and stock options.
As an equal opportunity employer, we believe in fostering a culture that is inclusive and values diversity in background and opinions. Sutro Biopharma hires extraordinary individuals into every position in the company and is committed to the diversity of our team. Our company progresses without regard of race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, religious belief, age, disability, or citizenship status. We are dedicated to creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and succeed together.
Salaries listed on jobsites may not be representative of salary ranges at Sutro Biopharma.
We look forward to hearing from candidates who are interested in exploring opportunities with Sutro! Our People & Culture team/hiring managers are unable to respond and do not accept solicitations from third-party agencies.
Sutro Biopharma, Inc., located in South San Francisco, is a clinical-stage drug discovery, development, and manufacturing company. Using precise protein engineering and rational design, Sutro is advancing next-generation oncology therapeutics.
Sutro is dedicated to transforming the lives of cancer patients by creating medicines with improved therapeutic profiles for areas of unmet need. To date, Sutro’s platform has led to cytokine-based immuno-oncology therapies, ADCs, vaccines, and bispecific antibodies directed at precedented targets in clinical indications where the current standard of care is suboptimal.
The platform allows it to accelerate discovery and development of potential first-in-class and best-in-class molecules through rapid and systematic evaluation of protein structure-activity relationships to create optimized homogeneous product candidates.
In addition to developing its own oncology pipeline, Sutro is collaborating with select pharmaceutical and biotech companies to discover and develop novel, next-generation therapeutics. As the pace of clinical development accelerates, Sutro and its partners are developing therapeutics designed to more efficiently kill tumors without harming healthy cells.