Senior Research Associate, Cell Biology
Sutro has a unique capability that enables new molecular entities to be designed using a hybrid of synthetic and recombinant technologies to create best in class therapeutics in the oncology and auto-immune disease space. Our portfolio includes antibody-drug conjugates, bispecific antibodies, cytokine derivatives and other novel immuno-stimulatory approaches.
Sutro Biopharma, Inc. is looking for energetic and talented team player to help drive preclinical advancement of our drug portfolios within the Immunobiology/Cell Biology group. You will be working to develop new processes to maximize our technology and enhance our internal and collaborative product development initiatives in a fast-paced environment.
- Responsible for developingin vitro cell-based assay models with the goal of advancing leads to the clinic.
- Maintain cell lines and prepare primary human and mouse cells.
- Design and execute cell-based assays (including flow cytometry and ELISA) to assess potency and specificity of antibody-drug conjugates (ADC), engineered cytokines, and bispecific antibody drug candidates.
- Independently analyze and interpret experimental data.
- Maintain detailed documentation of experiments and results.
- Work collaboratively with other preclinical functional teams and provide scientific input to drive projects towards IND and clinical development.
- Communicate key scientific data at group meetings and project team meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology or related field with 5 years of experience or a master’s degree with 3 years of experience in evaluating oncology or immuno-oncology drug products in an academic and/or industrial setting.
- Experience with design, development, and analysis of primary and cell line-based assays.
- Hands-on experience with immunological assays, such as multi-color flow cytometry, reporter cell assays, cell proliferation/viability assays. ELISA is highly preferred.
- Proficiency in the use of software tools such as PRISM and Excel to support data analysis.
- Prior experience with liquid-handling automation for in vitroassays a plus.
- Prior experience with preparing detailed study reports desired.
- Must be organized, highly motivated, and work successfully in cross-functional teams by contributing data and ideas.
- Clear and professional verbal and written communication skills, including maintaining detailed and accurate protocols and lab notebooks.
Sutro provides a competitive benefits package that includes a choice of health, dental, and vision insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, 401K plan, PTO, ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Plan) and stock options.
Sutro Biopharma is committed to the diversity of our team and we are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.
Salaries listed on jobsites may not be representative of salary ranges at Sutro Biopharma.
Please be advised, inquiries or resumes from recruiters will not be accepted.