Senior Research Associate, Process Development
Sutro Biopharma, Inc. is looking for an experienced and productive individual to join Downstream Process Development. You will be developing and optimizing purification processes for biotherapeutics for implementation in a cGMP manufacturing setting.
- Active member of the Purification/Downstream Process Development group and part of a larger cross-functional process development/manufacturing team collaborating on multiple projects
- Developing new purification process steps (chromatography and filtration) at small laboratory scale
- Improving existing processes at the intermediate laboratory scale
- Preparing technical documents such as protocols, reports, procedures, and manufacturing batch records
- Run established complex purification processes at the larger pilot scale culminating in the manufacturing of biotherapeutics following cGMP regulations
- Proper documentation of performed work, integration into the development team, report writing, and building productive relationships with upstream, analytics, QC, QA and manufacturing are expected
- Bachelors or Masters in chemical engineering, life sciences or equivalent with a minimum 5 years of biopharmaceutical industry experience in protein purification (including multiple modes of chromatography, normal flow filtration, and tangential flow filtration).
- Experience in developing and scaling up purification processes from bench scale to pilot and commercial scale with the following requirements:
- Understanding of protein separation technologies
- Use and operation of laboratory and pilot scale process equipment (chromatography and filtration)
- Experience writing protocols and reports, execution of studies, and data analysis
- Strong ability in execution and driving for results independently.
- Detail oriented with good organizational skills and able to work in a high paced team environment to meet deadlines and prioritize work on multiple projects.
- Ability to organize, communicate, and present complex data sets to stakeholders and management.
- Communication skills, both verbal and written, and the ability to build and maintain relationships with team members.
Sutro provides a competitive benefits package that includes a choice of health, dental, and vision insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, 401K plan, PTO, ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Plan) and stock options.
Sutro Biopharma is committed to the diversity of our team and we are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.
Salaries listed on jobsites may not be representative of salary ranges at Sutro Biopharma.
Please be advised, inquiries or resumes from recruiters will not be accepted.