Senior Research Associate, Protein Engineering
Sutro Biopharma is a clinical stage company pioneering a compelling and unique way of discovering, developing and manufacturing therapeutics. Our focus is aimed primarily on next generation cancer and autoimmune therapeutics — antibody conjugates, bispecific antibodies and cytokine derivatives. Unconstrained by traditional methods of cell-based discovery, we can design and develop targeted medicines by innovating outside the constraints of the cell.
At Sutro, our unique protein discovery platform enables us to design and discover best-in-class molecules. We collaborate with biology and translational scientists to prosecute targets and create biologic modalities with disease modifying potential in the oncology and auto-immune space. We leverage internal and external technologies to deliver the next generation of breakthrough therapeutic proteins.
We are seeking a talented scientist to join our Protein Engineering (High Throughput Screening) group who will be responsible for designing and executing biochemical and bioanalytical assays to identify novel protein therapeutics. Responsibilities will include assay development, screening, and characterization of protein therapeutics, and making recommendations on high-value constructs. The right candidate will be a highly adaptable and flexible individual with an aptitude for learning and quickly executing assays involving new technologies.
- BS in Biochemistry / related field with 4-5 years industry experience, or MS in Biochemistry / related field with at least 2-3 years industry experience.
- Experience in assay development required, experience with ELISA or other immunoassays is highly preferred
- Experience with automated platforms, high-throughput instrumentation (e.g. Biomek FX) and their application in support of protein purification, screening and functional characterization of proteins is desired
- Experience with label-free biophysical characterization using technologies such as SPR or BLI, using Biacore, Fortebio, or similar instrumentation is a plus
- Excellent quantitative data analysis skills and ability to handle large datasets
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- We are seeking a highly collaborative individual, who can work well in a mixed matrix environment and interact with different groups such as cell biology, biochemistry, and analytical chemistry
- The ideal candidate will be meticulous, highly organized, pay great attention to detail, deliver consistent results, and can work under aggressive timelines
Sound exciting? Apply today and join our team!
Sutro provides a competitive benefits package that includes a choice of health, dental, and vision insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, 401K plan, PTO, ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Plan) and stock options.
As an equal opportunity employer, we believe in fostering a culture that is inclusive and values diversity in background and opinions. Sutro Biopharma hires extraordinary individuals into every position in the company and is committed to the diversity of our team. Our company progresses without regard of race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, religious belief, age, disability or citizenship status. We are dedicated to creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and succeed together.
Salaries listed on jobsites may not be representative of salary ranges at Sutro Biopharma.
Please be advised, inquiries or resumes from recruiters will not be accepted.